GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grrr slugs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/184938-grrr-slugs.html)

mogga 19-06-2009 11:06 AM

Grrr slugs

Allotment looks sad. Not quite removed all the dead stuff but a slug
is eating some of the dead bean leaves. Will it kill them? Almost
certainly not.

Got home and two butternut squash plants have been scoffed by the
blighters too. :(

--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Yellow 20-06-2009 12:10 AM

Grrr slugs

mogga ] said:
Allotment looks sad. Not quite removed all the dead stuff but a slug
is eating some of the dead bean leaves. Will it kill them? Almost
certainly not.

Got home and two butternut squash plants have been scoffed by the
blighters too. :(

They ate my coriander. Dunno why that has surprised me but they stripped
the entire contents of a large pot.

druidbloke 20-06-2009 10:35 AM

Grrr slugs

MegaGRrrrrrrr at them, afraid I've resorted to metaldehyde, struggled for
years avoiding it, but none of the "safer" alternatives have proved as
effective. I'm lying to myself that that when I've got my clay soil in order
and it's more friable and loamy after adding loads of manure, they wont be
so prevalent, and the plants will be healthier and shrug them off more, yeah
right ;o)