GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185032-plants-talk-warn-each-other-threats.html)

David in Normandy[_8_] 22-06-2009 08:12 AM

Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

Article in the Telegraph:

Plants can "talk" to each other to warn their neighbours of potential
threats, scientists believe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...f-threats.html

I wonder if the local college will be putting on evening classes in
speaking legume? ;-)

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

wafflycat 22-06-2009 08:36 AM

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
Article in the Telegraph:

Plants can "talk" to each other to warn their neighbours of potential
threats, scientists believe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...f-threats.html

I wonder if the local college will be putting on evening classes in
speaking legume? ;-)

Bean there, done that. But when I tell people they think I'm taking the
peas...

June Hughes 22-06-2009 10:57 AM

Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

In message , wafflycat
writes

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
.. .
Article in the Telegraph:

Plants can "talk" to each other to warn their neighbours of potential
threats, scientists believe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...-talk-to-warn-
each-other-of-threats.html

I wonder if the local college will be putting on evening classes in
speaking legume? ;-)

Bean there, done that. But when I tell people they think I'm taking the
peas...

G Rhubarb.
--
June Hughes

wafflycat 22-06-2009 11:05 AM

Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:36:25 +0100, "wafflycat"
wrote:

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
. ..
Article in the Telegraph:

Plants can "talk" to each other to warn their neighbours of potential
threats, scientists believe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...f-threats.html

I wonder if the local college will be putting on evening classes in
speaking legume? ;-)

Bean there, done that. But when I tell people they think I'm taking the
peas...

... you end up with a cauliflower ear

Too violent. When I see agression building up in people I just tell them
they have to lentil let go.

wafflycat 22-06-2009 12:42 PM

Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

..

lettuce pray!

Leaf it out, I'm am atheist.

June Hughes 22-06-2009 12:55 PM

Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

In message , wafflycat
writes

.

lettuce pray!

Leaf it out, I'm am atheist.

An aphidist, shirley?
--
June Hughes

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ 23-06-2009 03:13 PM

Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:30:05 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:42:38 +0100, "wafflycat"
wrote:

.

lettuce pray!

Leaf it out, I'm am atheist.

Forget me not, Blossom

How could I forget you, petal.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹

wafflycat 23-06-2009 03:57 PM

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:42:38 +0100, "wafflycat"
wrote:

.

lettuce pray!

Leaf it out, I'm am atheist.

Forget me not, Blossom

Is that a pistil in your pocket, or are yew just pleased to see me?

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ 23-06-2009 06:46 PM

Plants 'talk' to warn each other of threats

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:57:02 +0100, "wafflycat"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

.

lettuce pray!

Leaf it out, I'm am atheist.

Forget me not, Blossom

Is that a pistil in your pocket, or are yew just pleased to see me?

Ovary good!

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹