Old 24-06-2009, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Campanula persicifolia

In article , afjohnson@geotrans-
online.de says...
Charlie Pridham wrote:
In article , afjohnson@geotrans-
online.de says...

I found some Campanula persicifolia, both blue and white, growing "wild"
in a couple of places in the garden. can I take the seed pods off after
blossoming and sow them out? How, when, where?

seed is best collected stored cleaned and sown early next year at ambient
temps in a cold frame to control watering, planting the resulting
seedlings out only once well established.

That's good, Charlie, thanks. Can I sow them indoors if I don't have a
cold frame? I might make one or buy one before next spring though.

Regards

Yes but chose a cool windowsill not a sunny one
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk