GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bulbs Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185216-bulbs-question.html)

Mike 27-06-2009 07:00 PM

Bulbs Question

This year I planted Dutch Iris,Peacock Tiger Flowers and Liatris bulbs for
the first time and they are growing fine.

At the end of flowering should these bulbs be lifted or will they grow again
next year if left in the garden ?
Thanks.

Mike.

beccabunga 01-07-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 853447)
This year I planted Dutch Iris,Peacock Tiger Flowers and Liatris bulbs for
the first time and they are growing fine.

At the end of flowering should these bulbs be lifted or will they grow again
next year if left in the garden ?
Thanks.

Mike.

Depends on how wet and cold your winter soil is. We overwinter Dutch Iris and Liatris with no problems [South-facing Cotswold brash - on the whole drains ok]. Tigridia we haven't ever tried.