GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ....and Strawberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185251-strawberries.html)

NogbadtheCool 29-06-2009 02:43 PM

....and Strawberries

This year I put all my (2 yr old) straws in big pots, rich compost as
I'm told they're hungry feeders, fair bit of horse poo. Plenty of
runners arrived, but only one plant has fruit. Any advice gratefully
accepted
thanks

bobharvey 29-06-2009 02:56 PM

....and Strawberries

On 29 June, 14:43, NogbadtheCool wrote:
This year I put all my (2 yr old) straws in big pots, rich compost as
I'm told they're hungry feeders, fair bit of horse poo. Plenty of
runners arrived, but only one plant has fruit. *Any advice gratefully
accepted

I susopect they are doing too well.
Many things flower better in distress.

On top of that, it is possible that the buds got broken off, but I
would expect them to re-grow.

Have you seen any bullfinches?