GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Raspberry cane question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185377-raspberry-cane-question.html)

mogga 02-07-2009 02:48 PM

Raspberry cane question

How quick do they die off?

Do they die off quicker if you don't pick all the fruit?

(I know *I've* not sprayed them with anything but they've got a bit of
a weedkilled look to a couple of stems)
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Jim Jackson 12-07-2009 04:27 PM

Raspberry cane question

mogga wrote:
How quick do they die off?

Do they die off quicker if you don't pick all the fruit?

(I know *I've* not sprayed them with anything but they've got a bit of
a weedkilled look to a couple of stems)
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

various diseases can cause them to die, and indeed many die looking like
they could have been weedkilled! Different varieties have different
levels of resistance.

I don't think picking makes any difference.

Have a google round for images of diseased raspberry plants.