GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Giant Peas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185487-giant-peas.html)

mark 06-07-2009 12:27 PM

Giant Peas

From my local paper:

http://tinyurl.com/pbutbk

mark

Gordon H[_3_] 06-07-2009 01:18 PM

Giant Peas

In message , mark
writes
From my local paper:

http://tinyurl.com/pbutbk

mark

That's a big pod but they aren't "more than twice the size" of some
which I've grown.
I note the clever use of perspective in the photo. ;-)
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Broadback[_2_] 06-07-2009 04:02 PM

Giant Peas

Gordon H wrote:
In message , mark
writes
From my local paper:

http://tinyurl.com/pbutbk

mark

That's a big pod but they aren't "more than twice the size" of some
which I've grown.
I note the clever use of perspective in the photo. ;-)

I always thought that mange tout were grown for the pods, not the seeds,
so why allow them to get that large?

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

June Hughes 06-07-2009 04:17 PM

Giant Peas

In message , Broadback
writes
Gordon H wrote:
In message , mark
writes
From my local paper:

http://tinyurl.com/pbutbk

mark

That's a big pod but they aren't "more than twice the size" of some
which I've grown.
I note the clever use of perspective in the photo. ;-)

I always thought that mange tout were grown for the pods, not the
seeds, so why allow them to get that large?

I removed our plants yesterday morning as they are now finished, along
with the broad beans, and discovered some I had overlooked, which had
become rather large but not gigantic. They tasted OK when cooked.
--
June Hughes