Old 13-07-2009, 02:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Branch Lopper

So far, I have searched in vain for such an item of the style that
operates by simple lever style action.
The rope operated telescopic versions are ten-a -penny, but the item I
would like to track down is a fixed shaft (was wood) version that
incorporates lever operation, which connects via a robust rigid wire
to a hooked (by pass) cutter.
Anybody help?

Reards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com
Old 13-07-2009, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Pete wrote:
So far, I have searched in vain for such an item of the style that
operates by simple lever style action.
The rope operated telescopic versions are ten-a -penny, but the item I
would like to track down is a fixed shaft (was wood) version that
incorporates lever operation, which connects via a robust rigid wire
to a hooked (by pass) cutter.
Anybody help?

Reards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

You need something like the PARASENE STREAMLINE Pole Pruner. See
http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog...ner_OFFER.html

--
Jeff

Old 13-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete[_9_] View Post
So far, I have searched in vain for such an item of the style that
operates by simple lever style action.
The rope operated telescopic versions are ten-a -penny, but the item I
would like to track down is a fixed shaft (was wood) version that
incorporates lever operation, which connects via a robust rigid wire
to a hooked (by pass) cutter.
Anybody help?

Reards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com
Here's one:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DG%26um%3D1
Old 13-07-2009, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Pete wrote:

So far, I have searched in vain for such an item of the style that
operates by simple lever style action.
The rope operated telescopic versions are ten-a -penny, but the item I
would like to track down is a fixed shaft (was wood) version that
incorporates lever operation, which connects via a robust rigid wire
to a hooked (by pass) cutter.

Out of curiosity, what do you find unsatisfactory about the
rope-operated ones? For me, the substantial mechanical advantage
makes it possible to cut thick stuff quite easily, and as it can
also be telescopic, the lower branches are easier to cope with
too.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Old 13-07-2009, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 13, 1:46*pm, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Pete wrote:
So far, I have searched in vain for such an item of the style that
operates by simple *lever style action.
The rope operated telescopic versions are ten-a -penny, but the item I
would like to track down is a fixed shaft (was wood) version that
incorporates *lever operation, *which connects via a robust rigid wire
to a hooked (by pass) cutter.

Out of curiosity, what do you find unsatisfactory about the
rope-operated ones? *For me, the substantial mechanical advantage
makes it possible to cut thick stuff quite easily, and as it can
also be telescopic, the lower branches are easier to cope with
too.

Chris
--

They break !

I already have a version of those suggested by Jeff, tough as old
boots but are they have rather limited reach.
I need to get higher.(3-4metres)

There are just too many moving parts on those rope operated ones and
of course the rope has the tendency to snap and the telescopey bits
fail.

There must be a source of the item I describe - second hand even.

Thanks for both feed-backs anyway.

Regards
Pete

Long reach lopper Andrew May United Kingdom 13 28-02-2014 03:20 PM
Bypass or anvil lopper? Doc Lawns 3 14-11-2009 01:08 AM
lopper question J. Fleming North Carolina 3 01-05-2003 06:46 PM
[IBC] Fw: Maple Society North American Branch Meeting Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 01:56 AM
lopper question J. Fleming North Carolina 3 22-02-2003 03:50 PM