Old 13-07-2009, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Ronnie Briggs

On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as to
whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 13-07-2009, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

--

By the way, for those who just LOVE to jump down my throat at every
opportunity, it's Off Topic on that forum as well :-)))

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 13-07-2009, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

Being as he was responsible for the death of a man whilst robbing I think he
should have been hanged (or whatever) long ago, which would have saved the
rest of us a lot of taxes keeping him in prison all these years.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-07-2009, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

My views are -

A. it's Biggs, not Briggs, and

B. He should have been left to rot in Brazil. I couldn't believe how the
gov't jumped the queue for him and got a passport at a moments notice, and a
private or chartered jet or whatever, at our expense of course. It was
blindingly obvious he only wanted to come back because he'd discovered what
health and pension conditions were like over there.

Steve

Old 13-07-2009, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

My views are -

A. it's Biggs, not Briggs, and

B. He should have been left to rot in Brazil. I couldn't believe how the
gov't jumped the queue for him and got a passport at a moments notice, and
a private or chartered jet or whatever, at our expense of course. It was
blindingly obvious he only wanted to come back because he'd discovered
what health and pension conditions were like over there.

Nevertheless, he's back here now, and in the system, and IMO should be dealt
with, fairly, on similar terms to everyone else in the system, i.e. in
accordance with the parole board's recommendations. Can't help but think the
Government is using him to try to convince the public that they're 'tough on
crime', him being a much easier target than modern day active criminals.

Old 13-07-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

My views are -

A. it's Biggs, not Briggs, and

B. He should have been left to rot in Brazil. I couldn't believe how the
gov't jumped the queue for him and got a passport at a moments notice, and
a private or chartered jet or whatever, at our expense of course. It was
blindingly obvious he only wanted to come back because he'd discovered
what health and pension conditions were like over there.

Steve

Interesting ....... Pension?

Would he be entitled to one? What has he paid in?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 13-07-2009, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BAC" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

When he has finished his term in prision he can then be released.

Old 13-07-2009, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

--

By the way, for those who just LOVE to jump down my throat at every
opportunity, it's Off Topic on that forum as well :-)))

Seems like a legitimate subject for this NG. He's a vegetable these days is
he not?

Old 13-07-2009, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

He is a waste of NHS resources.

Send him back to Brazil.

mark

Old 13-07-2009, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 13, 2:04*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"'Mike'" *wrote On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

Being as he was responsible for the death of a man whilst robbing I think he
should have been hanged (or whatever) long ago, which would have saved the
rest of us a lot of taxes keeping him in prison all these years.

--
Regars
Bob Hobden

I thought his name was Biggs??? I'm too young, to remember :-)

Judith
Old 13-07-2009, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 13, 10:46*pm, "mark" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

He is a waste of NHS resources.

Send him back to Brazil.

mark

One of the Kray brothers was in my hospital; where I was employed. I
will keep my thoughts to myself. He died at Norwich, at an hotel
which formerly belonged to friends of mine. Again, I will keep my
thoughts to myself.

Judith
Old 14-07-2009, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as to
whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Just out of interest, which forum?

Jeff
Old 14-07-2009, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:49:37 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
wrote:

On Jul 13, 2:04*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"'Mike'" *wrote On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Could the same healthy discussion take place here?

What are the readers views?

Being as he was responsible for the death of a man whilst robbing I think he
should have been hanged (or whatever) long ago, which would have saved the
rest of us a lot of taxes keeping him in prison all these years.

--
Regars
Bob Hobden
just W. of London

I thought his name was Biggs??? I'm too young, to remember :-)

Judith

It still is, and I remember the incident well.

Pam in Bristol
Old 14-07-2009, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jeff" wrote in message
news
'Mike' wrote:
On another forum I subscribe to, a very healthy discussion is going on as
to whether Ronnie Briggs should receive Parole and be released.

Just out of interest, which forum?

The only Forum I ever knew was a cinema in Ealing.

Jeff