GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chamomile lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185712-chamomile-lawn.html)

UD 14-07-2009 07:31 PM

Chamomile lawn

Contrary to all the advice not to bother, I want to make a chamomile lawn. I
have a little nursery bed with Treneague plants in it and they are doing
well. The question is what is the best way to take cuttings / divide them
please?

Sue[_3_] 15-07-2009 05:12 PM

Chamomile lawn

"UD" wrote
Contrary to all the advice not to bother, I want to make a chamomile
lawn. I have a little nursery bed with Treneague plants in it and they
are doing well. The question is what is the best way to take cuttings
/ divide them please?

Small piece on Jekka McVicar's site suggests doing it in autumn from
offshoots that have aerial roots:
http://www.jekkasherbfarm.com/HerbChamomile.asp
Good luck with it and I'm sure it will smell wonderful.

I've always fancied an area of clover lawn, myself. Lovely shades of
pink and white, like coconut ice. :) And it wouldn't go all brown in
hot dry weather like our grass lawn does, however I can't convince Hubby
atm.

--
Sue