GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   insect identification (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/185756-insect-identification.html)

Kate Brown 15-07-2009 07:36 PM

insect identification

I found something on a rose that might have been a sap-sucking nasty,
but I was too hasty and squashed it before I could identify it... :(

It was a fly about the size of a lily beetle, but a bright yellow body
with black transparent wings. It didn't fly off when I touched it and
needed to be pulled off the stem of the rose. Any ideas what it might
have been, or how to look it up? I regret I didn't take a picture, next
time I'll remember. I haven't seen any others since.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally