GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Peas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186203-peas.html)

Xenia 31-07-2009 09:11 PM

Peas

Another episode with my peas. They have all got a complete white
ghostly covering and some have gone yellow. What has happened to
them. I was only away for a week and it rained frequently. I think
they may have some disease. I also have tomatose between them is it a
problem?

Alice

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ 31-07-2009 09:20 PM

Peas

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:11:49 -0700 (PDT), Xenia
wrote:

Another episode with my peas. They have all got a complete white
ghostly covering and some have gone yellow. What has happened to
them. I was only away for a week and it rained frequently. I think
they may have some disease. I also have tomatose between them is it a
problem?

Powdery mildew?

http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.c...dewpowdery.htm

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹

[email protected] 31-07-2009 09:42 PM

Peas

wrote:

Another episode with my peas. They have all got a complete white
ghostly covering and some have gone yellow. What has happened to
them. I was only away for a week and it rained frequently. I think
they may have some disease. I also have tomatose between them is it a
problem?

Powdery mildew?

Yes. And, as the saying goes - they do, dearie, they do. Mine are
the same, and always have been.

I believe that you can stop that only by spraying with substances
so nasty that you don't want to open the packet.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.