GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tumbling Toms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186242-tumbling-toms.html)

Broadback[_2_] 01-08-2009 01:27 PM

Tumbling Toms

I have 2 tubs of them. The most growth this year and I have grown them
for about 5 years. However there is no sign of any ripening tomatoes,
some small green ones though. Any ideas as to what is wrong and what I
can do to overcome it please?
--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.

mogga 01-08-2009 03:01 PM

Tumbling Toms

On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 13:27:06 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I have 2 tubs of them. The most growth this year and I have grown them
for about 5 years. However there is no sign of any ripening tomatoes,
some small green ones though. Any ideas as to what is wrong and what I
can do to overcome it please?

I suspect mine would like more sunshine than they're getting at the
moment. It is nearly like winter out there.
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk

Sacha[_4_] 01-08-2009 05:08 PM

Tumbling Toms

On 2009-08-01 13:27:06 +0100, Broadback said:

I have 2 tubs of them. The most growth this year and I have grown them
for about 5 years. However there is no sign of any ripening tomatoes,
some small green ones though. Any ideas as to what is wrong and what I
can do to overcome it please?

Ours are doing the same, though a few are slowly ripening. Very
unsatisfactory but we can only asume it's the bad weather. However,
that said, our Jersey Sunrise are producing masses of fruit and
ripening well, so.........
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

BAC 02-08-2009 12:09 PM

Tumbling Toms

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have 2 tubs of them. The most growth this year and I have grown them for
about 5 years. However there is no sign of any ripening tomatoes, some
small green ones though. Any ideas as to what is wrong and what I can do to
overcome it please?

I've been picking "Tumbling Tom Reds" for weeks, but the other 'tumbling'
variety I'm growing has yet to provide any ripe fruit. We could do with a
bit more sun and warmth, I think. Well, I certainly could, never mind the
tomatoes :-)