GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Now for a drought (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186277-now-drought.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 03-08-2009 11:58 AM

Now for a drought

The water butt which split did not repair and the secondary one which filled
from it is now empty and reposition under the down pipe.

So one butt scrapped. One butt empty. Only six full butts. Should last due
to prudent mulching etc, but what's the betting that we have a
looooooooooooooooong dry spell and empty ALL the butts?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

George.com 04-08-2009 06:47 AM

Now for a drought

"'Mike'" wrote in message
The water butt which split did not repair and the secondary one which
filled from it is now empty and reposition under the down pipe.

So one butt scrapped. One butt empty. Only six full butts. Should last due
to prudent mulching etc, but what's the betting that we have a
looooooooooooooooong dry spell and empty ALL the butts?

butt, what?

A real pain in the butt huh.

I installed a 1000l tank at the back of my garage for rain run off a
fortnight ago. It is already full and over flowing.

rob