GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   On and off topic (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186280-re-off-topic.html)

[email protected] 03-08-2009 12:27 PM

On and off topic

Charlie Pridham wrote:

Nick, I would regard radicans as being the tough one and grandiflora as
being more tender, the crosses are generally hardy allthough don't always
flower well if some stems do not over winter and for that they need
summer heat. You should be pleased you did not plant C radicans as it is
an invasive nuisence and suckers like mad, but it does also self cling
:~)

Then I probably got it the wrong way round, due to failing memory!
Anyway, I have Mme Galen, as most people do.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.