GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186367-plant-id-please.html)

Clive Holden[_2_] 07-08-2009 08:54 AM

Plant ID please

Hi all.

Can anyone please help me identify this plant. I've a couple of them
appeared in my borders this year. I've certainly not planted them myself so
presume they've seeded from the rotted horse muck I mulched with earlier in
the
year. They seem to grow to about 3ft tall. Not unattractive but I don't
particularly want too many more of them:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...5082009059.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...5082009058.jpg

TIA

Clive in Kent

Stewart Robert Hinsley 07-08-2009 03:02 PM

Plant ID please

In message , Clive Holden
writes
Hi all.

Can anyone please help me identify this plant. I've a couple of them
appeared in my borders this year. I've certainly not planted them myself so
presume they've seeded from the rotted horse muck I mulched with
earlier in the
year. They seem to grow to about 3ft tall. Not unattractive but I don't
particularly want too many more of them:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...5082009059.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...5082009058.jpg

TIA

Clive in Kent

Your previous attempt to post this did get through, and your plants were
identified as great willowherb (Epilobium hirsutum).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley