GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Parasene professional type weed burners any good? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186444-parasene-professional-type-weed-burners-any-good.html)

Steve[_30_] 10-08-2009 05:42 PM

Parasene professional type weed burners any good?

Anyoone using this type of weedburner
http://tinyurl.com/lgbsa7
they use a large propane bottle
and are they any good/recommended.

Weed on gravel drive and borders. How long do you think weeding would
last ish?

Don't like the idea of chemicals and presently use vinegar with some
success.(20p litre Tesco)

thank you all TIA.

hugh 10-08-2009 08:45 PM

Parasene professional type weed burners any good?

In message , Steve
writes
Anyoone using this type of weedburner
http://tinyurl.com/lgbsa7
they use a large propane bottle
and are they any good/recommended.

Weed on gravel drive and borders. How long do you think weeding would
last ish?

Don't like the idea of chemicals and presently use vinegar with some
success.(20p litre Tesco)

thank you all TIA.

I've used the smaller ones, but the principle (and the fuel) is the same
- and they are a waste of time.
--
hugh

Pete Stockdale 10-08-2009 09:35 PM

Parasene professional type weed burners any good?

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , Steve
writes
Anyoone using this type of weedburner
http://tinyurl.com/lgbsa7
they use a large propane bottle
and are they any good/recommended.

Weed on gravel drive and borders. How long do you think weeding would
last ish?

Don't like the idea of chemicals and presently use vinegar with some
success.(20p litre Tesco)

thank you all TIA.

I've used the smaller ones, but the principle (and the fuel) is the same -
and they are a waste of time.

Very useful for getting bonfires going though - no matches needed ( piezo
button)
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

moghouse 10-08-2009 11:06 PM

Parasene professional type weed burners any good?

On Aug 10, 9:35*pm, "Pete Stockdale"
wrote:

Very useful for getting *bonfires going though - no matches needed ( piezo
button)

I agree, but sadly the press button lighter does not work for very
long. I have always thought these weed burners would be more effective
if they had more pressure.

hugh 11-08-2009 06:46 PM

Parasene professional type weed burners any good?

In message
,
moghouse writes
wrote:

Very useful for getting *bonfires going though - no matches needed ( piezo
button)

I agree, but sadly the press button lighter does not work for very
long. I have always thought these weed burners would be more effective
if they had more pressure.

I think it's more the principle at fault rather than the pressure - the
tougher weeds simply recover - and yes I have RTFM
--
hugh

Pete Stockdale 11-08-2009 07:48 PM

"hugh" ] wrote in message

I agree, but sadly the press button lighter does not work for very
long. I have always thought these weed burners would be more effective
if they had more pressure.

I think it's more the principle at fault rather than the pressure - the
tougher weeds simply recover - and yes I have RTFM
--

My push button lighter has performed just fine over at least ten years.
It did stick in once but a quick tweak with a screwdriver sorted it.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com