GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slugs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186527-slugs.html)

Dymphna[_6_] 14-08-2009 05:31 PM

Slugs

What works to get rid of them? They are eating my cabbage.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

wafflycat 14-08-2009 05:56 PM

Slugs

"Dymphna" wrote in message

What works to get rid of them? They are eating my cabbage.

Pick them off & dispose of them

'Mike'[_4_] 14-08-2009 06:08 PM

Slugs

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Dymphna" wrote in message

What works to get rid of them? They are eating my cabbage.

Pick them off & dispose of them

into a bucket and then pour boiling water on them :-))

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

mark 14-08-2009 06:14 PM

Slugs

"Dymphna" wrote in message

What works to get rid of them? They are eating my cabbage.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Don't worry, T
they'll perish in the cooking process.

Alternatively go out on a damp evening with a torch and a salt cellar and
you'll be able to dispatch hundreds of slugs and snails.

mark

alan.holmes 14-08-2009 06:14 PM

Slugs

"Dymphna" wrote in message

What works to get rid of them? They are eating my cabbage.

Please do not tell anyone, but I use slug pellets, and they are quite
effective!

Alan

Stephen Wolstenholme 14-08-2009 11:32 PM

Slugs

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:31:48 -0500, Dymphna
wrote:

What works to get rid of them? They are eating my cabbage.

Diatom powder.