Old 16-08-2009, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bullrushes

When is the best time to thin out and transplant Bullrushes?

Now with plenty of water in a container or when they have died back?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 16-08-2009, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote ...
When is the best time to thin out and transplant Bullrushes?

Now with plenty of water in a container or when they have died back?

As far as I know all water plants are best dealt with when growing apace,
unlike normal plants.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-08-2009, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks Bob, that's what I thought for some reason.

Not for me, don't have a pond, filled it in ages ago :-

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

"'Mike'" wrote ...

Old 16-08-2009, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 16 Aug, 22:49, "'Mike'" wrote:
Thanks Bob, that's what I thought for some reason.

Not for me, don't have a pond, filled it in ages ago :-

--
Mike

The Royal Naval Electrical Branch Associationwww.rneba.org.uk
Luxury Self Catering on the Isle of Wight?www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" *wrote ...
When is the best time to thin out and transplant Bullrushes?

Now with plenty of water in a container or when they have died back?

As far as I know all water plants are best dealt with when growing apace,
unlike normal plants.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
just W. of London- Hide quoted text -

Do you mean Bullrush or do you mean reed mace?
http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/wet...y/reedmace.htm
David Hill

PS Yes My father had Chinese crews and Indian, both great people
Old 17-08-2009, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I think you might be right there judging by the height. However I will take
some photos and put a link up and perhaps you could confirm

With regards to the Chinese and Indian crews, have to agree. I had a tour
way down below decks on a recent cruise, (not what you know but who you
know) and met some of those, especially Chinese, working 'out of sight'.
They were so pleased to 'be appreciated' and beamed from ear to ear when I
took photos of them. I spent quite some time on the Bridge as well when we
went up a Norwegian Fjord to Olden and the Indian crew there were great.
Again not many public get there and again they appreciate, appreciation in
what they are doing. Stewards and Dining Staff are generally Indian or
Phillipino and of course you meet them all the time

--

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 16 Aug, 22:49, "'Mike'" wrote:
Thanks Bob, that's what I thought for some reason.

Not for me, don't have a pond, filled it in ages ago :-

--
Mike

The Royal Naval Electrical Branch Associationwww.rneba.org.uk
Luxury Self Catering on the Isle of Wight?www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk"Bob