GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   raspberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186592-raspberries.html)

Ben Short 17-08-2009 12:59 AM

raspberries

I know that raspberries should be cut back to ground level in the autumn,
but should I leave some of the new canes for early fruit next year

David Rance 17-08-2009 08:18 AM

raspberries

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Ben Short wrote:

I know that raspberries should be cut back to ground level in the
autumn, but should I leave some of the new canes for early fruit next
year

If these are summer fruiting raspberries you leave the new growth
because this is where next year's fruit appears. Cut out only the canes
that have borne fruit this year.

David

--
David Rance
writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France