Old 27-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Jim

Default London based close pattern gardern trellises?

I am looking for about 5 6ft x 2ft wooden trellises.

However, all the trellises I have yet seen of this side have 6 inch
squares. What I want is a trellis with a smaller grid (ie 3" squares).

If you look at the first photo on this page

http://www.woodyalan.co.uk/trellis.html

you'll see just what I mean. The left hand trellis is a 6x2 'standard
pattern' trellis whilst the 3rd from the left is the 6x2 'close
pattern' version.

The only problem is that this guy is in Essex and I don't have
transport.

Does anyone know any London based shops/centers which would sell what
I want?

Thanks for advice.
Old 27-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Paul Kelly

"Jim" wrote in message
om...
I am looking for about 5 6ft x 2ft wooden trellises.

However, all the trellises I have yet seen of this side have 6 inch
squares. What I want is a trellis with a smaller grid (ie 3" squares).

If you look at the first photo on this page

http://www.woodyalan.co.uk/trellis.html

you'll see just what I mean. The left hand trellis is a 6x2 'standard
pattern' trellis whilst the 3rd from the left is the 6x2 'close
pattern' version.

The only problem is that this guy is in Essex and I don't have
transport.

Does anyone know any London based shops/centers which would sell what
I want?

You could make your own! 19*38mm tile batten is around 20p/m at most timber
yards and comes in lenths up to 5m.

A big advantage of building in situ is that (if you have woodwn posts) you
can ignore the posts and put in long uninterrupted runs of trellis - much
better visual effect than panels, plus you have complet flexibility on mesh
size.

pk

Old 27-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Jim

"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

You could make your own! 19*38mm tile batten is around 20p/m at most timber
yards and comes in lenths up to 5m.

A big advantage of building in situ is that (if you have woodwn posts) you
can ignore the posts and put in long uninterrupted runs of trellis - much
better visual effect than panels, plus you have complet flexibility on mesh
size.

pk

Paul -

I'm not very diy friendly, but I could give this a try.

Have you done this yourself? Do you have any tips/hints? I assume you
mean nailing thru every cross junction.

Just read this through, and it makes me sound quite stupid! but if
anyone has any hints to help me make it look nice and professional I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks
Old 27-04-2003, 10:34 PM
William Tasso

Jim wrote:
"Paul Kelly" wrote in message

You could make your own! 19*38mm tile batten is around 20p/m at most
timber yards and comes in lenths up to 5m.

A big advantage of building in situ is that (if you have woodwn
posts) you can ignore the posts and put in long uninterrupted runs
of trellis - much better visual effect than panels, plus you have
complet flexibility on mesh size.

pk

Paul -

I'm not very diy friendly, but I could give this a try.

Have you done this yourself? Do you have any tips/hints? I assume you
mean nailing thru every cross junction.

Just read this through, and it makes me sound quite stupid! but if
anyone has any hints to help me make it look nice and professional I'd
appreciate it.

Select a piece of timber of the desired width to use as a spacer to ensure
you get straight lines when you're nailing.

--
William Tasso