GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   advice required (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186767-advice-required.html)

RHRRC 23-08-2009 05:36 PM

advice required

My daughter is getting married early next june.
The reception is in the garden (marquee and all that).

What plants/bulbs or whatebver do I need to plant , and when, to get a
suitably fantastic show for the occassion?

(Most of the garden curently does not come into its full splendour until
July)

We live in Southport.- hte winters are -on the whole- quite mild though we
always get the odd frost or two in january.

all advice most greatfully received

Stephen Wolstenholme 23-08-2009 05:59 PM

advice required

On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:36:56 +0100, "RHRRC"
wrote:

My daughter is getting married early next june.
The reception is in the garden (marquee and all that).

What plants/bulbs or whatebver do I need to plant , and when, to get a
suitably fantastic show for the occassion?

The last garden wedding I went to had an amazing display of flowers.
It wasn't until I looked very closely at some obviously out of season
flowers that I realized many were artificial but very realistic. They
even had natural smells. The whole lot had been hired for the day from
a company in Liverpool.

Steve

beccabunga 23-08-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHRRC (Post 862264)
My daughter is getting married early next june.
The reception is in the garden (marquee and all that).

What plants/bulbs or whatebver do I need to plant , and when, to get a
suitably fantastic show for the occassion?

(Most of the garden curently does not come into its full splendour until
July)

We live in Southport.- hte winters are -on the whole- quite mild though we
always get the odd frost or two in january.

all advice most greatfully received

The last person I know who tried to do this had a terrible time as nothing was ready on the day. Be prepared to do some last minute garden centre shopping and drop pots of flowering plants into the borders where needed.