GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Re-pot a chili plant - is now a good time? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186846-re-pot-chili-plant-now-good-time.html)

Tom 26-08-2009 10:04 AM

Re-pot a chili plant - is now a good time?

Hi, is now a good time of the year to repot an indoor chili plant?

It's currently got its second crop of chili peppers which are starting
to turn from green to red.

I need to repot it as it's pot bound in the plastic container it was
given to me in.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Bob Hobden 26-08-2009 04:55 PM

Re-pot a chili plant - is now a good time?

"Tom" wrote
Hi, is now a good time of the year to repot an indoor chili plant?

It's currently got its second crop of chili peppers which are starting to
turn from green to red.

I need to repot it as it's pot bound in the plastic container it was given
to me in.

IME they don't seem to come through a British winter even in a heated
greenhouse, low light levels I expect. But no harm in trying, repot now
whilst it's still growing.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

K 26-08-2009 05:53 PM

Re-pot a chili plant - is now a good time?

Bob Hobden writes

"Tom" wrote
Hi, is now a good time of the year to repot an indoor chili plant?

It's currently got its second crop of chili peppers which are starting to
turn from green to red.

I need to repot it as it's pot bound in the plastic container it was given
to me in.

IME they don't seem to come through a British winter even in a heated
greenhouse, low light levels I expect. But no harm in trying, repot now
whilst it's still growing.

They can do. A friend of mine still has the plant I gave him about 3
years ago, and it's cropping well.

--
Kay

Tom 27-08-2009 01:34 PM

Re-pot a chili plant - is now a good time?

K wrote:
Bob Hobden writes

"Tom" wrote
Hi, is now a good time of the year to repot an indoor chili plant?

It's currently got its second crop of chili peppers which are
starting to
turn from green to red.

I need to repot it as it's pot bound in the plastic container it was
given
to me in.

IME they don't seem to come through a British winter even in a heated
greenhouse, low light levels I expect. But no harm in trying, repot now
whilst it's still growing.

They can do. A friend of mine still has the plant I gave him about 3
years ago, and it's cropping well.

I'll give it a try, thanks. Do you know if standard compost is sufficent?