Old 29-08-2009, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden coach tours

Can anyond recommend any companies doing coach tours of gardens in
Britain or Ireland? I can no longer drive and have no means of
getting to gardens. Seeing York Gate on GW this week, and Bodnant
last week gave me cravings to visit some gardens in different parts of
the country.
Any suggestions? I'd like to do around a week visiting different
gardens each day, staying in decent but not extortionate hotels.
TIA

Pam in Bristol
Old 30-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
Can anyond recommend any companies doing coach tours of gardens in
Britain or Ireland? I can no longer drive and have no means of
getting to gardens. Seeing York Gate on GW this week, and Bodnant
last week gave me cravings to visit some gardens in different parts of
the country.
Any suggestions? I'd like to do around a week visiting different
gardens each day, staying in decent but not extortionate hotels.
TIA

Pam in Bristol
Try Shearings they do some, and, having been to Europe with them several times, are quite good.

http://www.shearings.com/uk/hotels/B...ss=2&campCode=
Old 30-08-2009, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
Can anyond recommend any companies doing coach tours of gardens in
Britain or Ireland? I can no longer drive and have no means of
getting to gardens. Seeing York Gate on GW this week, and Bodnant
last week gave me cravings to visit some gardens in different parts of
the country.
Any suggestions? I'd like to do around a week visiting different
gardens each day, staying in decent but not extortionate hotels.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

If you know which gardens you wish to visit and would like research done
into others to make a nice tour, try http://www.iowtours.com/tailormade.asp
Talk to Shirley Winn, Managing Director. (Have a peep at the web site)

They do a terrific amount of reunions for the ex forces people and they
'care' about what YOU want. Shirley will be in on Tuesday, but you can email
her on and she will reply almost straight away as
she has an office at home as well.

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 30-08-2009, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-29 23:07:01 +0100, Pam Moore said:

Can anyond recommend any companies doing coach tours of gardens in
Britain or Ireland? I can no longer drive and have no means of
getting to gardens. Seeing York Gate on GW this week, and Bodnant
last week gave me cravings to visit some gardens in different parts of
the country.
Any suggestions? I'd like to do around a week visiting different
gardens each day, staying in decent but not extortionate hotels.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Brigh****er Holidays are well known for this, Pam. We've often seen
their tour groups in Tresco and they seem to be well organised with a
lot cheerful and pleasant people. The impression we have is that
people get to know each other oon the tours and join them often. They
organise tours through the British Isles and Europe and are very well
known. http://www.brigh****erholidays.com/
I believe Saga do something similar at times and there's another
company called www.gardenvisit.com I don't know anything about these
last two.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 30-08-2009, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Pam Moore writes
Can anyond recommend any companies doing coach tours of gardens in
Britain or Ireland? I can no longer drive and have no means of
getting to gardens. Seeing York Gate on GW this week, and Bodnant
last week gave me cravings to visit some gardens in different parts of
the country.
Any suggestions? I'd like to do around a week visiting different
gardens each day, staying in decent but not extortionate hotels.
TIA

York Gate is near enough to the centre of Leeds to be possibly feasible
by taxi if you could get to Leeds. Buses near by too, I think. But if
you got yourself to Leeds, I'd be happy to take you - it's a long time
since I last visited. Harlow Carr has buses from Harrogate train station
(again, I'm always happy to visit). Parcevall Hall is also in the area
but a bit more tricky to access.

--
Kay

Old 30-08-2009, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Can anyond recommend any companies doing coach tours of gardens in
Britain or Ireland? I can no longer drive and have no means of
getting to gardens. Seeing York Gate on GW this week, and Bodnant
last week gave me cravings to visit some gardens in different parts of
the country.
Any suggestions? I'd like to do around a week visiting different
gardens each day, staying in decent but not extortionate hotels.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Our gardening club and many others that I know usually have trips to
gardens throughout the year and also a longer trip over several days,
during the summer. Why not ask your local club if they do them?

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 30-08-2009, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:38:05 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Can anyond recommend any companies doing coach tours of gardens in
Britain or Ireland? I can no longer drive and have no means of
getting to gardens. Seeing York Gate on GW this week, and Bodnant
last week gave me cravings to visit some gardens in different parts of
the country.
Any suggestions? I'd like to do around a week visiting different
gardens each day, staying in decent but not extortionate hotels.
TIA

Pam in Bristol

Our gardening club and many others that I know usually have trips to
gardens throughout the year and also a longer trip over several days,
during the summer. Why not ask your local club if they do them?

Janet

Thanks folks for suggestions, and thanks Kay for your offer to
accompany me to York Gate. I'll let you know if I come that way.
Janet, our gardening club do day trips, but not holidays. I'm looking
to get to gardens further afield, outside the Bristol area.
I'll look up those suggested. I don't drive, and because of my sight
problems am not confident about travelling alone. An escorted coach
trip would be just what I want.
Thanks again.

Pam in Bristol