GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this plant ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/186931-what-plant.html)

Exhausted 30-08-2009 09:26 AM

What is this plant ?

Any idea what this plant is, I have enclosed links to a close up and
full shot

Thanks

http://img35.imageshack.us/i/timg2631.jpg/
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/timg2632.jpg/

DaveP 30-08-2009 09:45 AM

What is this plant ?

On Aug 30, 9:26*am, Exhausted wrote:
Any idea what this plant is, I have enclosed links to a close up and
full shot
Thanks
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/timg263.../timg2632.jpg/

Hibiscus syriacus 'Hamabo'.

Sacha[_4_] 30-08-2009 10:38 AM

What is this plant ?

On 2009-08-30 09:26:31 +0100, Exhausted said:

Any idea what this plant is, I have enclosed links to a close up and full shot

Thanks

http://img35.imageshack.us/i/timg2631.jpg/
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/timg2632.jpg/

Looks like a Hibiscus.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

K 30-08-2009 02:00 PM

What is this plant ?

Lizzie Crawshaw writes
DaveP wrote:

On Aug 30, 9:26*am, Exhausted wrote:
Any idea what this plant is, I have enclosed links to a close up and
full shot
Thanks
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/timg263....imageshack.us
/i/timg2632.jpg/

Hibiscus syriacus 'Hamabo'.

Lol, I either need new glasses or a gardening book (sidles out of urg
with red face)

Don't, you were dead right as to family - Hibiscus is in the mallow
family, and you picked up on the characteristic shape of the flower and
that 'pillar' thing in the middle.
--
Kay

Exhausted 30-08-2009 04:01 PM

What is this plant ?

DaveP wrote:
On Aug 30, 9:26 am, Exhausted wrote:
Any idea what this plant is, I have enclosed links to a close up and
full shot
Thanks
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/timg263.../timg2632.jpg/

Hibiscus syriacus 'Hamabo'.

Thanks every one,
I have a 6 foot one pictured in the links, can they be moved ???
if so any tips, it up against a fence and close to a passion flower, so
I'm worried about the roots of both plants.