GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hosta's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187401-hostas.html)

Sheila 23-09-2009 02:06 PM

Hosta's

I have a lot of Hosta's in my garden, but a few of them are not in the
correct position, to be viewed at their best. When is the best time to move
them? Is it now when I can see them, or when they are just peeping above
the soil?

Thank you.

auntie 23-09-2009 03:17 PM

Hosta's

On Sep 23, 9:06*am, "Sheila" wrote:
I have a lot of Hosta's in my garden, but a few of them are not in the
correct position, to be viewed at their best. When is the best time to move
them? *Is it now when I can see them, or when they are just peeping above
the soil?

Thank you.

I do believe the best time to replant Hosta's is in the late summer.
When the plant no longer has new shoots growing from the center of the
plant.

shazzbat 23-09-2009 04:16 PM

Hosta's

"auntie" wrote in message
On Sep 23, 9:06 am, "Sheila" wrote:
I have a lot of Hosta's in my garden, but a few of them are not in the
correct position, to be viewed at their best. When is the best time to
move
them? Is it now when I can see them, or when they are just peeping above
the soil?

Thank you.

I do believe the best time to replant Hosta's is in the late summer.
When the plant no longer has new shoots growing from the center of the
plant.

Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas
Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas Hostas

Not Hosta's
Move them now. Also split and propagate whilst you're at it.

Steve

Sheila 23-09-2009 08:33 PM

Hosta's

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"auntie" wrote in message
Move them now. Also split and propagate whilst you're at it.

Steve

Ok, thanks, thats my job for the weekend!