Old 27-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Mike

Default O.T. Advice wanted please

Fending for myself for a week, Joan's gone to Italy.

Overcome first problem. No Tin opener. (Felt sure we had one somewhere).
Cut lid off tin of Baked Beans with a hacksaw. :-(( Only to discover
they were Pear Halves ( Fried egg on Pear Halves on Toast is not
recommended.

Some help please before I do some damage, I have washed a pair of socks
and want to dry them in the Micro Wave. Question. High Power for how
long or Low Power for how long?

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 27-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Charlie

Um, put them over the radiator for the night. Far safer. I tried to dry my
swimsuit in the radiator once, it didn't work and made a spark. Hmmm.

Charlie.

------
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th -

June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

---

Old 27-04-2003, 09:08 PM
William Tasso

Mike wrote:
Fending for myself for a week, Joan's gone to Italy.

Overcome first problem. No Tin opener. (Felt sure we had one
somewhere). Cut lid off tin of Baked Beans with a hacksaw. :-(( Only
to discover they were Pear Halves ( Fried egg on Pear Halves on
Toast is not recommended.

Some help please before I do some damage, I have washed a pair of
socks and want to dry them in the Micro Wave. Question. High Power
for how long or Low Power for how long?

Give up - go stay in a hotel

--
William Tasso

Old 27-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Mike

In article , Charlie
writes
Ooop, I tried to dry it in the microwave, not the radiator. Obviously.

Don't have any radiators 'cos we don't have Central Heating :-(

Old 27-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Charlie

Oh dear. Just leave them hung somewhere that gets a light breeze and wear
another pair! Or as previously suggested, go stay in a hotel. Or go to the
launderette and ask the nice lady if she'll dry them for you!

Charlie.

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , Charlie
writes

Old 27-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Mike

In article , Charlie
writes
Oh dear. Just leave them hung somewhere that gets a light breeze and wear
another pair! Or as previously suggested, go stay in a hotel. Or go to the
launderette and ask the nice lady if she'll dry them for you!

I am away on Friday at a Reunion over there in England. I only have to
survive till then :-(

Old 27-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Mike

In article , William Tasso
writes
Mike wrote:
Fending for myself for a week, Joan's gone to Italy.

Overcome first problem. No Tin opener. (Felt sure we had one
somewhere). Cut lid off tin of Baked Beans with a hacksaw. :-(( Only
to discover they were Pear Halves ( Fried egg on Pear Halves on
Toast is not recommended.

Some help please before I do some damage, I have washed a pair of
socks and want to dry them in the Micro Wave. Question. High Power
for how long or Low Power for how long?

Give up - go stay in a hotel

I will next weekend as I am over there in England for a Reunion

Old 27-04-2003, 09:56 PM
hayley

Don't have any radiators 'cos we don't have Central Heating :-(

assuming you have some heating put that on (what ever it is), drag a
chair/table over near it, put a towel over chair (to stop chair getting
scorched) and hang socks on towel in front of heating device (this is what
my dad does anyway and it seems to work). Best to check every now and then
and not to leave un attended or house may burn down.
Hayley

Old 27-04-2003, 10:08 PM
William Tasso

Mike wrote:
In article , William Tasso
writes
Mike wrote:
Fending for myself for a week, Joan's gone to Italy.

Give up - go stay in a hotel

I will next weekend as I am over there in England for a Reunion

hope you find a way to clean your socks before then else we won't let you in
;o)

btw: have you considered using a sig sepatator?

--
William Tasso

Old 27-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Mike

In article , William Tasso
writes

hope you find a way to clean your socks before then else we won't let you in
;o)

They will have to, I am organising it :-))

btw: have you considered using a sig sepatator?

It disappeared a long time ago. It appears here on screen, but vanishes
in space :-(

Old 27-04-2003, 10:45 PM
david

I think the advice given on today's G.Q.T. is in order in this case.

Take a sprig of fresh Rosemary around 1 inch long, place it in a cup and
then fill with boiling water and let stand for 5 mins, then drink. very god
for clearing the brain.
--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 27-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard hayley say...

Don't have any radiators 'cos we don't have Central Heating :-(

assuming you have some heating put that on (what ever it is), drag a
chair/table over near it, put a towel over chair (to stop chair getting
scorched) and hang socks on towel in front of heating device (this is what
my dad does anyway and it seems to work). Best to check every now and then
and not to leave un attended or house may burn down.

No central heating here either. In this weather, a pair of socks hung
over the towel rail will dry overnight.

Failing that, wear another pair.
--
Fenny
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Old 27-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Mike

In article , Mike
writes
Fending for myself for a week, Joan's gone to Italy.

That bit is true. In Venice as I type

Overcome first problem. No Tin opener. (Felt sure we had one somewhere).
Cut lid off tin of Baked Beans with a hacksaw. :-(( Only to discover
they were Pear Halves ( Fried egg on Pear Halves on Toast is not
recommended.

Not true. I was waiting for reaction to the 'menu'

Some help please before I do some damage, I have washed a pair of socks
and want to dry them in the Micro Wave. Question. High Power for how
long or Low Power for how long?

Also not true, Was waiting for someone to yell out NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOo!!

but what it has shown up, is the length people on this newsgroup will go
to help and assist.

No one called me a pratt, which is what I was fully expecting!!

I ask you, fried egg on pear halves on toast? :-(( yuk

and no we don't have central heating. We have a heated towel rail in the
bathroom, but where we have brought the kitchen into the centre of the
house, it is warm all the time as we have just had all the windows done.

Thanks for your advice folks.

Thanks for the politeness as well :-))

Mike
Off next weekend, so that bit is true toooooooooo

Old 27-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Zizz

"Mike" wrote in message
Fending for myself for a week, Joan's gone to Italy.

Overcome first problem. No Tin opener. (Felt sure we had one somewhere).
Cut lid off tin of Baked Beans with a hacksaw. :-(( Only to discover
they were Pear Halves ( Fried egg on Pear Halves on Toast is not
recommended.

Some help please before I do some damage, I have washed a pair of socks
and want to dry them in the Micro Wave. Question. High Power for how
long or Low Power for how long?

Mike

------
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th -

June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Buy a new pair!
They still sell socks over here!