GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Planting time (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187667-planting-time.html)

Chris J Dixon 08-10-2009 08:37 AM

Planting time

I am reluctant to pull up the flourishing dwarf dahlias which are
currently occupying the spot where I'm planning to put
wallflowers. If I wait until the first frost has nipped the
dahlias, will it be too late to plant bare-root wallflowers?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Dave Hill 08-10-2009 01:10 PM

Planting time

On 8 Oct, 08:37, Chris J Dixon wrote:
I am reluctant to pull up the flourishing dwarf dahlias which are
currently occupying the spot where I'm planning to put
wallflowers. *If I wait until the first frost has nipped the
dahlias, will it be too late to plant bare-root wallflowers?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon *Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

If you have the pots then you could plant the wallflowers into pots
and then transplant them after the frost has taken down the dahlias.
David Hill