GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New member (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187678-new-member.html)

Mary Tilling 09-10-2009 03:57 PM

New member

Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

[email protected] 09-10-2009 10:24 PM

New member

In article ,
Mary Tilling wrote:

Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it

Just as you posted this question.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

beccabunga 09-10-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Tilling (Post 866633)
Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

Ask it here.

Derek Turner 09-10-2009 11:48 PM

New member

On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 22:24:30 +0100, nmm1 wrote:

In article , Mary Tilling
wrote:

Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right. I have a
question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it

Just as you posted this question.

And welcome. Come into the virtual allotment shed and have a nice cuppa
and a biscuit :)

aquachimp 10-10-2009 10:15 AM

New member

On Oct 9, 4:57*pm, Mary Tilling Mary.Tilling.
wrote:
Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

Mary Tilling

What's the question?

And if it's of any help to you, a "Rowan"" tree is sometimes referred
to as a "Mountain Ash"; in botanical terms the name starts with
"Sobrus....."

e.g; http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/tfl.rowan.html

Sacha[_4_] 10-10-2009 11:47 AM

New member

On 2009-10-09 15:57:36 +0100, Mary Tilling
said:

Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

Here is fine, Mary, or you can subscribe direct to uk.rec.gardening.
There's a great mix of people on urg at all levels of gardening and the
vast majority are very helpful.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Stewart Robert Hinsley 10-10-2009 03:16 PM

New member

In message
,
aquachimp writes
wrote:
Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

Mary Tilling

What's the question?

And if it's of any help to you, a "Rowan"" tree is sometimes referred
to as a "Mountain Ash"; in botanical terms the name starts with
"Sobrus....."

Make that "Sorbus". The native rowan is Sorbus aucuparia, but several
other species are grown.

e.g; http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/tfl.rowan.html

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Fuschia[_3_] 10-10-2009 03:24 PM

New member

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 02:15:40 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp
wrote:

And if it's of any help to you, a "Rowan"" tree is sometimes referred
to as a "Mountain Ash"; in botanical terms the name starts with
"Sobrus....."

He means "Sorbus" Mary, but please don't let the Latin names put you
off, we all know what you mean by Rowan :)

aquachimp 10-10-2009 03:45 PM

New member

wrote:
And if it's of any help to you, a "Rowan"" tree is sometimes referred
to as a "Mountain Ash"; in botanical terms the name starts with
"Sobrus....."

He means "Sorbus"

So I do. Thanks for the correction.

Mary, but please don't let the Latin names put you
off, we all know what you mean by Rowan :)

Yes, but when one is perhaps doing a bit of research, that level of
detail, along with the mountain ask reference helps to expand such
possibilities.
And perhaps the snipped link e.g; http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/tfl.rowan.html
, was useful also

Spider[_2_] 10-10-2009 06:04 PM

New member

"Mary Tilling" wrote in message

Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

Mary Tilling

Welcome, Mary. Do feel right at home and ask your question. I have grown a
couple of Rowans (aka Mountain Ask aka Sorbus aucuparia) from seed, so I'd
be interested to hear your query.

Spider

hugh 11-10-2009 02:26 PM

New member

In message , Mary Tilling
writes

Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

Mary Tilling

Just as you have done. Put something relevant in the subject line like
"Rowan Tree Question"
--
hugh