Old 10-10-2009, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bubblewrap in the Greenhouse

Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of the
glass?

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 10-10-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote ...
Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of the
glass?

By all means try a bit but I you will end up with a mess all over the glass
for certain and I doubt the plastic will stick for long.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 11-10-2009, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/10/2009 22:55, Bob Hobden wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote ...
Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of the
glass?

By all means try a bit but I you will end up with a mess all over the glass
for certain and I doubt the plastic will stick for long.

I think I'd be more inclined to try a strip of gaffer tape at the top
and bottom of each strip of bubblewrap. Much less effort and easier to
remove it again if you want to.

Not that I'm actually likely to try it, as my greenhouse is of the
bookcase in a polyethene tent variety.

--
Danny Colyer http://www.redpedals.co.uk
"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down. This should be every boy's
Old 11-10-2009, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 22:55:58 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote ...
Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of the
glass?

By all means try a bit but I you will end up with a mess all over the glass
for certain and I doubt the plastic will stick for long.

As I understand it, it's like double glazing; you need a small gap
between the two layers to give insulation.

Pam in Bristol
Old 11-10-2009, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 11 Oct, 10:32, Danny Colyer wrote:
On 10/10/2009 22:55, Bob Hobden wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote ...
Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of the
glass?

By all means try a bit but I you will end up with a mess all over the glass
for certain and I doubt the plastic will stick for long.

I think I'd be more inclined to try a strip of gaffer tape at the top
and bottom of each strip of bubblewrap. *Much less effort and easier to
remove it again if you want to.

Not that I'm actually likely to try it, as my greenhouse is of the
bookcase in a polyethene tent variety.

--
Danny Colyer *http://www.redpedals.co.uk
"I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down. *This should be every boy's
dream." - Bartholomew J Simpson

If your greenhouse is metal then you can get plastic fittings to
attach the bubble wrap to the frame, if it's wooden then a staple gun
or drawing pins.
The worst thing you could do is to atach the bubble wrap to the glass
as this would cut down the insulating effect, a small air gap between
the glass and the bubble wrap is best.
David Hill

Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thanks for all the advice folks. (And the email of photos of what happens
when you wallpaper paste!! :-((..Thanks Dave ....)

We went for the stand off spacers. 60 inch wide bubblewrap cut into 26 inch
strips to allow for overlap.

If anyone wants photos I can take them and put them on my photo site.

Old 15-10-2009, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of the
glass?

Why? It would make a 'mess' of the glass and the insulating would be
reliant on the thickness of JUST the bubblewrap

I feel you would need an air gap, as per Dave Hill's and Pam Moore's posts.
Old 15-10-2009, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

soup wrote:
'Mike' wrote:
Is it a viable thing to wallpaper paste bubblewrap to the inside of
the glass?

Why? It would make a 'mess' of the glass and the insulating would be
reliant on the thickness of JUST the bubblewrap

I feel you would need an air gap, as per Dave Hill's and Pam Moore's posts.

Well out of date .

Note to self think before replying to three day old threads.

Does Bubblewrap ............ 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 9 31-08-2011 09:31 AM
bubblewrap and fleece brian mitchell United Kingdom 5 20-04-2008 02:53 AM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Central Illinois Retail Greenhouse, Garden Center, and Nursery Business - For Sale by Owner Eades Greenhouse and Nursery Gardening 0 03-02-2003 09:15 PM
Ant-hostile greenhouse Vespaman Orchids 0 28-01-2003 04:26 PM