GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   2 Billion pakies complain to the BBC (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187834-re-2-billion-pakies-complain-bbc.html)

Peter Grange 19-10-2009 12:03 AM

2 Billion pakies complain to the BBC

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 04:12:18 -0700 (PDT), "Love Europe, Hate the EU"
wrote:

LONDON - The BBC has received 42260 complaints about the racist remark
made off-air by a 'Strictly Come Dancing' performer in the three days
since the story broke.

On Sunday the News of the World splashed with the news that one of the
professional dancers had called his celebrity partner a "Paki" during
rehearsals two weeks ago.

The BBC is under pressure to sack Anton du Beke, who has apologised
"and claimed the comment was "banter" about Laila Rouass's spray tan.

he number of complaints totalled 63 on Monday and 2 billion on Tuesday.

Apart from anything else, should the thread title not say "Pakis"? For
it to be "Pakies", the singular would surely be "Paky". The message
from some of your other posts seems to be that you want some sort of
immigration control. You wouldn't do too well in the English test,
would you?

--

Pete

mileburner 19-10-2009 09:41 AM

wrote:

LONDON - The BBC has received 42260 complaints about the racist remark
made off-air by a 'Strictly Come Dancing' performer in the three days
since the story broke.

On Sunday the News of the World splashed with the news that one of the
professional dancers had called his celebrity partner a "Paki" during
rehearsals two weeks ago.

The BBC is under pressure to sack Anton du Beke, who has apologised
"and claimed the comment was "banter" about Laila Rouass's spray tan.

he number of complaints totalled 63 on Monday and 2 billion on Tuesday.

Apart from anything else, should the thread title not say "Pakis"? For
it to be "Pakies", the singular would surely be "Paky". The message
from some of your other posts seems to be that you want some sort of
immigration control. You wouldn't do too well in the English test,
would you?

Peraps the OP is a forrener...

Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] 19-10-2009 10:15 AM

On Oct 19, 12:03*am, Peter Grange wrote:

Apart from anything else, should the thread title not say "Pakis"? For
it to be "Pakies", the singular would surely be "Paky". *The message
from some of your other posts seems to be that you want some sort of
immigration control. You wouldn't do too well in the English test,
would you?

If there's one thing worse than a bigot, it's an illiterate bigot :-)
--
Guy

Granity 19-10-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

wrote:

LONDON - The BBC has received 42260 complaints about the racist remark
made off-air by a 'Strictly Come Dancing' performer in the three days
since the story broke.

On Sunday the News of the World splashed with the news that one of the
professional dancers had called his celebrity partner a "Paki" during
rehearsals two weeks ago.

The BBC is under pressure to sack Anton du Beke, who has apologised
"and claimed the comment was "banter" about Laila Rouass's spray tan.

he number of complaints totalled 63 on Monday and 2 billion on Tuesday.

Apart from anything else, should the thread title not say "Pakis"? For
it to be "Pakies", the singular would surely be "Paky". The message
from some of your other posts seems to be that you want some sort of
immigration control. You wouldn't do too well in the English test,
would you?

Surely "Paki" is an abbreviation of Pakistani If it is considered racist to abbreviate it to Paki, then it's, by definition, racist to shorten British to Brits, Scottish to Scots, etc. ..................
Pete

mark 19-10-2009 04:52 PM

2 Billion pakies complain to the BBC

Surely "Paki" is an abbreviation of Pakistani If it is considered
racist to abbreviate it to Paki, then it's, by definition, racist to
shorten British to Brits, Scottish to Scots, etc. ..................
Pete

Or Frenchman to c*nt

Bigal 19-10-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granity (Post 867389)
Surely "Paki" is an abbreviation of Pakistani If it is considered racist to abbreviate it to Paki, then it's, by definition, racist to shorten British to Brits, Scottish to Scots, etc. ..................
Pete

It can get worse that that. Just think - Taffy for Welsh, Jock for Scots, Paddy for Irish, Pom (whinging) and Tommy for the English, Yank for Americans, Aussie for Australians. The list is endless. Would someone like to tell me just who the hell is the racist one here. Paki is only an abbreviation of Pakistani, and if I really wanted to be nasty to a Pakistani it would be the inflection in my voice as I said "Pakistani".
Bigal

mark 19-10-2009 10:19 PM

"Bigal" wrote in message

Granity;867389 Wrote:
Surely "Paki" is an abbreviation of Pakistani If it is considered racist
to abbreviate it to Paki, then it's, by definition, racist to shorten
British to Brits, Scottish to Scots, etc. ..................
Pete

It can get worse that that. Just think - Taffy for Welsh, Jock for
Scots, Paddy for Irish, Pom (whinging) and Tommy for the English,
Yank for Americans, Aussie for Australians. The list is endless.
Would someone like to tell me just who the hell is the racist one here.
Paki is only an abbreviation of Pakistani, and if I really wanted to
be nasty to a Pakistani it would be the inflection in my voice as I
said "Pakistani".
Bigal

What would you have for Nigerians?

mark

moghouse 19-10-2009 10:29 PM

On Oct 19, 10:19*pm, "mark" wrote:

What would you have for Nigerians?

Clearly to avoid offence we could not have them in the country at all!
I am sure they would much prefer exclusion to having their human
rights infringed.

Bigal 20-10-2009 12:01 PM

Hauser,Ibo, or Yoruba. I never found a way to shorten them when I lived there. It was probably where the "N" word originated including Niger. (the country)
Bigal