GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Moving a Gooseberry bush (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187915-moving-gooseberry-bush.html)

RogerT 22-10-2009 08:13 PM

Moving a Gooseberry bush

I have a 5/6 year old gooseberry bush that was planted on a slope. As
the bush has matured and got bigger with heavier crops it has started to
fall over. Tried staking it last year, but this year it has just leaned
further, now about 45 degrees!

Although it is quite big, I think I need to move it elsewhere. When &
how should I do this?

700+ feet up in mid-Wales

Roger T

email pwllgloywathotmaildotcom

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_301_] 23-10-2009 05:49 PM

Moving a Gooseberry bush

"RogerT" wrote in message
.uk...
I have a 5/6 year old gooseberry bush that was planted on a slope. As
the bush has matured and got bigger with heavier crops it has started to
fall over. Tried staking it last year, but this year it has just leaned
further, now about 45 degrees!

Although it is quite big, I think I need to move it elsewhere. When &
how should I do this?

700+ feet up in mid-Wales

Roger T

email pwllgloywathotmaildotcom

Now is a good time while the soil is still relatively warm. Give the bush a
bit of a prune at the same time to compensate for root damage.

Robert
http://www.keepcrueltyhistory.com/

Bobbie[_10_] 23-10-2009 05:52 PM

Moving a Gooseberry bush

Robert (Plymouth) wrote:
"RogerT" wrote in message
.uk...
I have a 5/6 year old gooseberry bush that was planted on a slope. As
the bush has matured and got bigger with heavier crops it has started to
fall over. Tried staking it last year, but this year it has just leaned
further, now about 45 degrees!

Although it is quite big, I think I need to move it elsewhere. When &
how should I do this?

700+ feet up in mid-Wales

Roger T

email pwllgloywathotmaildotcom

Now is a good time while the soil is still relatively warm. Give the
bush a bit of a prune at the same time to compensate for root damage.

Robert
http://www.keepcrueltyhistory.com/

Don't forget to remove all the babies to a safe place first.

Bobbie

--
http://thingamabobs.co.uk/imagesofcanfordheath7.html