GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Turnips? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187948-turnips.html)

David in Normandy[_8_] 25-10-2009 06:08 PM

Turnips?

We've had a nice crop of tasty little navet turnips this year. Spouse
asked me if I can plant any seed now ready for next Spring? As I
remember they don't take long to come up in the seed tray. Is it worth
while trying to get a few started over Autumn?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

Derek Turner 25-10-2009 11:31 PM

Turnips?

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 19:08:33 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:

We've had a nice crop of tasty little navet turnips this year. Spouse
asked me if I can plant any seed now ready for next Spring? As I
remember they don't take long to come up in the seed tray. Is it worth
while trying to get a few started over Autumn?

They are so quick to grow at the first sign of spring that I wouldn't
even bother to try. (Derek in the real bit of Normandy that didn't
surrender to King Henry of France [spit] in 1204.)