GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Impatiens tinctoria (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/187971-impatiens-tinctoria.html)

Sacha[_4_] 27-10-2009 02:39 PM

Impatiens tinctoria

Is anyone else growing this outdoors? Autumn is definitely upon us but
somewhat to my surprise, ours is still flowering, if a bit sparsely. I
think I'm inclined to plant much bigger clumps of it next year! It's
in two different parts of the garden and if it can get through last
year, well........! Same goes for the Amicia zygomeris - that too
disappears every year but comes back, regular as clockwork and is in
full flower now. I heard the other day from someone growing it in a
garden in Cumbria!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Bob Hobden 27-10-2009 04:33 PM

Impatiens tinctoria

"Sacha" wrote ...
Is anyone else growing this outdoors? Autumn is definitely upon us but
somewhat to my surprise, ours is still flowering, if a bit sparsely. I
think I'm inclined to plant much bigger clumps of it next year! It's in
two different parts of the garden and if it can get through last year,
well........! Same goes for the Amicia zygomeris - that too disappears
every year but comes back, regular as clockwork and is in full flower now.
I heard the other day from someone growing it in a garden in Cumbria!

Saw Amicia zygomeris outside the offices at the end of the long water at
Wisley yesterday, it was in full flower in the border there.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Sacha[_4_] 27-10-2009 06:37 PM

Impatiens tinctoria

On 2009-10-27 16:33:17 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote ...
Is anyone else growing this outdoors? Autumn is definitely upon us but
somewhat to my surprise, ours is still flowering, if a bit sparsely. I
think I'm inclined to plant much bigger clumps of it next year! It's in
two different parts of the garden and if it can get through last year,
well........! Same goes for the Amicia zygomeris - that too disappears
every year but comes back, regular as clockwork and is in full flower now.
I heard the other day from someone growing it in a garden in Cumbria!

Saw Amicia zygomeris outside the offices at the end of the long water at
Wisley yesterday, it was in full flower in the border there.

Well, I would certainly hope they'd have it there but, still - hooray!
Why is this not planted more - it's beyond me!