GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT Poppy appeal on web sites (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/188010-ot-poppy-appeal-web-sites.html)

Sacha[_4_] 30-10-2009 02:15 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

For anyone interested in doing so, you can display a logo on your
website, with a link inviting people to contribute to this year's Poppy
Appeal on 8th November. Go to
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/abou...on-interactive

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Janet Tweedy 30-10-2009 04:55 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

In article , Sacha
writes
For anyone interested in doing so, you can display a logo on your
website, with a link inviting people to contribute to this year's Poppy
Appeal on 8th November. Go to
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/abou...on-interactive

But where do you buy one in the meantime? I need one for the
march/service on Saturday and I haven't found anyone selling them yet!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

No Name 30-10-2009 05:47 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

Janet Tweedy wrote:
For anyone interested in doing so, you can display a logo on your
website, with a link inviting people to contribute to this year's Poppy
Appeal on 8th November. Go to
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/abou...on-interactive

But where do you buy one in the meantime? I need one for the
march/service on Saturday and I haven't found anyone selling them yet!

I walked through London Euston station today and saw 3 separate people
selling them, so they're definitely out there! (a real mixed bunch of
people, too - a middle aged lady, an old ex-serving gentleman and a very
young serving armed forces member)

Sacha[_4_] 30-10-2009 06:15 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

On 2009-10-30 16:55:26 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
For anyone interested in doing so, you can display a logo on your
website, with a link inviting people to contribute to this year's Poppy
Appeal on 8th November. Go to
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/abou...on-interactive

But where do you buy one in the meantime? I need one for the
march/service on Saturday and I haven't found anyone selling them yet!

Oh! Local shops, I hope, street sellers? Our local every-year seller
came to the door today.

Janet Tweedy 31-10-2009 04:19 AM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

In article , Sacha
writes

and I haven't found anyone selling them yet!

Oh! Local shops, I hope, street sellers? Our local every-year seller
came to the door today.

Not in Amersham as far as I can see Sacha. Tesco usually have charities
at their main door but no poppies yet.
Never mind I'm sure I'll find one between now and next Saturday :)

It's good that people still remember.

Sacha[_4_] 31-10-2009 10:26 AM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

On 2009-10-31 04:19:43 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes

and I haven't found anyone selling them yet!

Oh! Local shops, I hope, street sellers? Our local every-year seller
came to the door today.

Not in Amersham as far as I can see Sacha. Tesco usually have charities
at their main door but no poppies yet.
Never mind I'm sure I'll find one between now and next Saturday :)

It's good that people still remember.

On the link I gave I believe they're recruiting poppy sellers and are
quite urgently in need of them. I don't know if it would suit you but
if so, there's still time to offer your help and perhaps next year, you
and a few friends could get together to do that? Here, a few local
shops have them on the counter, and we have street-sellers as well as
the door-to-door man that we always gets ours from.

Janet Tweedy 01-11-2009 11:31 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

In article , Sacha
writes
On the link I gave I believe they're recruiting poppy sellers and are
quite urgently in need of them. I don't know if it would suit you but
if so, there's still time to offer your help and perhaps next year, you
and a few friends could get together to do that? Here, a few local
shops have them on the counter, and we have street-sellers as well as
the door-to-door man that we always gets ours from.

At the moment VERY busy however, what with printing Christmas cards,
calendars and newsletters and also gardening 4 days a week for other
people (e.g. pick axeing a bed of phygelius) but am doing other things
in the meantime via the War Widows that I belong to.

I have said I would offer in the future.

Janet

Sacha[_4_] 02-11-2009 10:32 AM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

On 2009-11-01 23:31:11 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
On the link I gave I believe they're recruiting poppy sellers and are
quite urgently in need of them. I don't know if it would suit you but
if so, there's still time to offer your help and perhaps next year, you
and a few friends could get together to do that? Here, a few local
shops have them on the counter, and we have street-sellers as well as
the door-to-door man that we always gets ours from.

At the moment VERY busy however, what with printing Christmas cards,
calendars and newsletters and also gardening 4 days a week for other
people (e.g. pick axeing a bed of phygelius) but am doing other things
in the meantime via the War Widows that I belong to.

I have said I would offer in the future.

Janet

My goodness, Janet, you wouldn't like to pop over and do a bit of
ironing in your spare time, would you?! You do get a lot done. I'm
going to volunteer myself next year for selling in one of the nearby
towns for a couple of hours here and there.

rupert 02-11-2009 06:59 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

In article , Sacha
writes

Snip
I'm going to volunteer myself next year for selling in one of the
nearby towns .
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'll bid a fiver :-)

Janet Tweedy 02-11-2009 07:10 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

In article , rupert
writes

In article , Sacha
writes

Snip
I'm going to volunteer myself next year for selling in one of the
nearby towns .
-- Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'll bid a fiver :-)

Ray would probably stretch to a tenner :)

Sacha[_4_] 02-11-2009 11:14 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

On 2009-11-02 18:59:09 +0000, "rupert" said:

In article , Sacha
writes

Snip
I'm going to volunteer myself next year for selling in one of the
nearby towns .
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'll bid a fiver :-)

You'd be wasting your money, dear. I'm asleep by 4.

Sacha[_4_] 02-11-2009 11:14 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

On 2009-11-02 19:10:21 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , rupert writes

In article , Sacha
writes

Snip
I'm going to volunteer myself next year for selling in one of the
nearby towns .
-- Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'll bid a fiver :-)

Ray would probably stretch to a tenner :)

Make it three tenors and it's 30 quid. ;-)

Janet Tweedy 03-11-2009 05:34 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

In article , Sacha
writes

I'm going to volunteer myself next year for selling in one of
the nearby towns .
-- Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'll bid a fiver :-)

Ray would probably stretch to a tenner :)

Make it three tenors and it's 30 quid. ;-)

It's got shades of a Thomas Hardy novel anyway !

Sacha[_4_] 03-11-2009 05:46 PM

OT Poppy appeal on web sites

On 2009-11-03 17:34:37 +0000, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes

I'm going to volunteer myself next year for selling in one of the
nearby towns .
-- Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I'll bid a fiver :-)
Ray would probably stretch to a tenner :)

Make it three tenors and it's 30 quid. ;-)

It's got shades of a Thomas Hardy novel anyway !

Janet!! I'm off to remove his gavel immediately. ;-) Honestly, no
matter how careful you are with the wording here, there's always