GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Busy Lizzie pot plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/188050-busy-lizzie-pot-plant.html)

No Name 02-11-2009 11:55 PM

Busy Lizzie pot plant

I've had outdoor busy lizzies for a few years, where I buy them as plug
plants each spring then throw them away when they're spent in the autumn
(round about now, in fact!)

But this year someone bought me a 'thank you' indoor busy lizzie plant.
It was a beautiful thing, bright pink, lovely long dark green leaves,
but very susceptible to under watering, and 4 or 5 times I left it a
couple of days to find it flopping all over the place, gasping for a
drink.

Question is - it's looking very unhappy now (I moved it to the south
facing kitchen window where I would remember to water it more often,
but it seems to have picked up some infestation of teensy little crawley
white mite things that are leaving a cobwebby gunk on the leaves), I'm
wondering if it should be expected to last indefinitely, or if it's a
throw away plant like the outdoor varieties are?

GH 03-11-2009 03:25 PM

Busy Lizzie pot plant

take the plat to a location where you ca spray it freely a use a
solution of alcohol (methyl or ethyl though avoid beer/ale/cocktails
with sugars) with 10 per cent water. sorry for the missing letters my
keyboard seems to have stopped working properly. it was recommended
to me y a professor from university and it works wonders for all kids
of creepers. I have a young baby ad this is best because it is
ecological. I spray at 7 days interval for a few times a the I forget
about it for a while because I have o creepers for a time.

GH 03-11-2009 03:27 PM

Busy Lizzie pot plant

On Nov 3, 4:25*pm, GH wrote:
take the plat to a location where you ca spray it freely a use a
solution of alcohol (methyl or ethyl though avoid beer/ale/cocktails
with sugars) with 10 per cent water. sorry for the missing letters my
keyboard seems to have stopped working properly. *it was recommended
to me y a professor from university and it works wonders for all kids
of creepers. I have a young baby ad this is best because it is
ecological. I spray at 7 days interval for a few times a the I forget
about it for a while because I have o creepers for a time.

I forgot to say don t soak the plat only spray the leaves and all
parts a ove the soil thoroughly.

No Name 03-11-2009 04:24 PM

Busy Lizzie pot plant

GH wrote:
I forgot to say don t soak the plat only spray the leaves and all
parts a ove the soil thoroughly.

I'll give it a go, thank you.