Old 15-11-2009, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default To pee or not to pee?

In message , ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹
writes
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:25:17 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

Freshly voided urine is almost invariably sterile

"Except in cases of kidney or urinary tract infection (UTI), urine is
virtually
sterile and nearly odourless."

It tastes rather salty.

I've never tasted it yet, but if I were in a situation where no water was
available I would do it without doubt.

If you've tasted Double Diamond or Watney's you'll have a good idea of
the taste.

Or Budweiser...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 15-11-2009, 12:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , mark
writes

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹" wrote

If you've tasted Double Diamond or Watney's you'll have a good idea of
the taste.

Double Diamond?
Watney's?
A while since you've been in a pub I take it.

mark

Watney's Red Barrel? Bleuugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLhfbBt1Lc
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 15-11-2009, 12:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
aquachimp writes

if the compost acceleration is merely a by-
product to savings on water usage (loo flushing) then the focus is
environmental friendliness and not just to compost quickly

I must admit that since I had a water meter installed, the motivation to
"water" my compost heap has increased. It's a dreadful waste of
drinkable water to flush a cistern full with every pee.

And as we get older the frequency increases...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 15-11-2009, 01:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:25:17 -0000, alan.holmes wrote:

I've never tasted it yet, but if I were in a situation where no water
was available I would do it without doubt.

You really need to be pretty deperate for the water content to drink
neat urine. It's chock full of stuff you body is trying to get rid
of, then you ingest it all again... You could of course put it into a
solar still and get clean water that way.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 15-11-2009, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 14, 10:19*pm, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from aquachimp contains these words:

On Nov 14, 4:44*pm, Janet Baraclough
On 2009-11-14 10:50:36 +0000, aquachimp
said:
I'm used the word "excuse" deliberately because somehow, call it
instinct, I often got the impression that what the somewhat potty pro-
pee proclaimers were really after was an excuse to 'mark' their
territory, as opposed to working in a very large garden, or that of
someone else's where it would be impractical to travel all the way
back and remove muddy footwear, or unwelcomed to do so.

* * *Your animal instincts are awry.

Ah, but my instinct related from the degree to which pro-pee postings
had a tone of gleeful proclamation and some people seemed eager to
repeat the exercise as if the scent of their last posting had faded
away.

* *I think it's just that this is one of many topics that have come up
regularly for over a decade
Just like worms for the compost bin, *there's only so much to be said
and some have been saying it a long while.

And sometimes it seems to be getting repeated to death by the same
posters.

Territory in this sense is not a warning on a boundary fence, mate, or
door, but an unfocused declaration to outline maleness or earthiness
or some-such.
Perhaps their own animal instincts are awry and that they do not post
so dam nearly obsessively on the subject to ward of competitors, to
protect their plants, nor necessarily to directly influence female
readers to be attracted to them given how marking can work that way
too.

* *How does your theory account for the fact that women pee in the
compost heap too?
* *(please don't tell me it's to attract breeding males)

* *Janet

Old 15-11-2009, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
The message
from aquachimp contains these words:

Territory in this sense is not a warning on a boundary fence, mate, or
door, but an unfocused declaration to outline maleness or earthiness
or some-such.
Perhaps their own animal instincts are awry and that they do not post
so dam nearly obsessively on the subject to ward of competitors, to
protect their plants, nor necessarily to directly influence female
readers to be attracted to them given how marking can work that way
too.

* *How does your theory account for the fact that women pee in the
compost heap too?
* *(please don't tell me it's to attract breeding males)

Well, my understanding is that animals, both male and female use their
pee to communicate such matters of information, but as you can see it
wouldn't apply to women seeking to attract breeding males _unless_
they were really doing so to as a warning on a boundary, mate or door
as well.
But overall, I don't read through every thread on the subject so, from
what little I have paid attention too, often though I saw it
mentioned, I just came away with the impression it was chiefly a
mainly-male-posters led pet subject.
* *Janet

Old 15-11-2009, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-11-14 18:26:42 +0000, aquachimp

On 2009-11-14 15:38:19 +0000, "alan.holmes"

On 2009-11-13 15:47:11 +0000, "shazzbat"
said:

"Martin" wrote in message
news On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:27:05 GMT, Janet Baraclough

wrote:

The message
from "Muddymike" contains these word

s:

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

The NTS must have been reading advice on urg

reading = copying from? )
--

I can't believe it's attracted all this comment, it's a non-question.

Old 15-11-2009, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Timothy Murphy wrote:

Which constituent of urine is supposed to accelerate composting?

The urea. It's a highly nitrogenous chemical (actually the first
organic compound to be synthesised - I thought you would want to
know), and is sold commercially as a nitrogenous fertiliser. Many
bacteria can use it to build proteins - consider it a bit like a
beefsteak for bacteria :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 15-11-2009, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Gordon H wrote:

If you've tasted Double Diamond or Watney's you'll have a good idea of
the taste.

Well, no longer. CAMRA managed to make such a laughing stock of
both that they improved their product out of all recognition.
Older people will remember Watney's Gaslight (before CAMRA),
DD is K9P and Grotneys. All were fully justified.

Or Budweiser...

WARM Budweiser. I did once, and was then sadder Budweiser.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 15-11-2009, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

aquachimp writes
wrote:

* *I think it's just that this is one of many topics that have come up
regularly for over a decade
Just like worms for the compost bin, *there's only so much to be said
and some have been saying it a long while.

And sometimes it seems to be getting repeated to death by the same
posters.

It is quite good that some posters are willing to repeat the same advice
over and over again, otherwise newbies would find their questions
unanswered.
--
Kay

Old 15-11-2009, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 15, 10:29*am, K wrote:
aquachimp writesOn Nov 14, 10:19*pm, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

* *I think it's just that this is one of many topics that have come up
regularly for over a decade
Just like worms for the compost bin, *there's only so much to be said
and some have been saying it a long while.

And sometimes it seems to be getting repeated to death *by the same
posters.

It is quite good that some posters are willing to repeat the same advice
over and over again, otherwise newbies would find their questions
unanswered.
--
Kay

That's true, but I'm not thinking about those occasions when peeing in
the compost is mentioned in such circumstance, but those occasions
when it seems to get dragged in even in other threads a bit like
someone wants to show off... er... something.
Old 15-11-2009, 10:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote:

I must admit that since I had a water meter installed, the motivation to
"water" my compost heap has increased. It's a dreadful waste of
drinkable water to flush a cistern full with every pee.

I remember being told many years ago
that the sewer system required a certain amount of water to pass through it,
so cisterns served a necessary purpose.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
Old 15-11-2009, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 00:52:08 +0000, Gordon H wrote:

It's a dreadful waste of drinkable water to flush a cistern full with
every pee.

If it's yellow, let in mellow.
If it's brown, flush it down.

We tend to do that as more water that is really required goes into
the septic tank.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 15-11-2009, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:56:09 +0000 (GMT), wrote:

Or Budweiser...

WARM Budweiser. I did once, and was then sadder Budweiser.

Which Budweiser?

The awful nats pee American Anheuser-Busch stuff or fairly drinkable
(for a lager) Budweiser Budvar from the Czech Republic?

--
Cheers
Dave.

vegies and pee James Edible Gardening 17 05-10-2006 07:29 PM
15' CecileBruner Tee-Pee Quest. [email protected] Roses 2 09-05-2005 06:39 PM
pee in the pile Mogie Gardening 52 03-10-2003 04:22 AM
Landscape cloth and doggie pee!! Will it smell? MHF Lawns 3 30-07-2003 02:23 AM
You know what? Dogs pee there as well, that corner always stinks. Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 04:56 AM