Old 23-11-2009, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default To pee or not to pee?

On Nov 23, 11:41*am, wrote:
Ah Judith you live in France so you must be doing far worse things than
peeing on your compost heap.

Hi Ed, I, personally am not up to much but I have noticed that French
men pee where and when they like, alongside motorways, anywhere, that
took some getting used to but we ladie don't do things like that :-)
Old 23-11-2009, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 23, 4:43*pm, Gordon H
wrote:
In message ,
writesAh Judith you live in France so you must be doing far worse things than
peeing on your compost heap.

I expect you're a troll, but I have to agree.

Escargots? * * *Yukk!

Frog legs? * * * EWWWW!

Paté de Foie Gras? * * *Shame on you!

The practice of force-feeding geese to enlarge their livers dates back
to at least 400 B.C. Egyptian hieroglyphics depict slaves force-feeding
geese to enlarge the livers.

French chef Jean-Joseph Clause is credited for creating and popularizing
pâté de foie gras in 1779.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

He is not a troll and I suggest you make your comments in a cookery
group.
Old 24-11-2009, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Anne Welsh Jackson
writes
Gordon H wrote:

Escargots? * * *Yukk!
Frog legs? * * * EWWWW!
Paté de Foie Gras? * * *Shame on you!

Not so much the geese, perhaps, but frogs and snails are all
too common in UK gardens...

I have a tiny snail living on my dining room window for the last few
days.
It's too young to die, so I'm studying it.

Frogs and toads have a nasty habit of sneaking under my garage door and
sheltering under the doubtful safety of my car wheels. :-(
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 24-11-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gordon H wrote:

Escargots? Yukk!
Frog legs? EWWWW!
Paté de Foie Gras? Shame on you!

Not so much the geese, perhaps, but frogs and snails are all
too common in UK gardens...

I have a tiny snail living on my dining room window for the last few days.
It's too young to die, so I'm studying it.

Frogs and toads have a nasty habit of sneaking under my garage door and
sheltering under the doubtful safety of my car wheels. :-(

We had a frog in the kitchen last night, the dogs went berserk. No frogs
were harmed in the making of this post.
It was returned to the garden safe and sound, with legs intact.

Bobbie

Old 25-11-2009, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bobbie
writes

We had a frog in the kitchen last night, the dogs went berserk. No
frogs were harmed in the making of this post.
It was returned to the garden safe and sound, with legs intact.

Bobbie

There were some interesting facts about frogs and toads on QI last
night. According to Fry, frogs and toads are the same species...
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

vegies and pee James Edible Gardening 17 05-10-2006 07:29 PM
15' CecileBruner Tee-Pee Quest. [email protected] Roses 2 09-05-2005 06:39 PM
pee in the pile Mogie Gardening 52 03-10-2003 04:22 AM
Landscape cloth and doggie pee!! Will it smell? MHF Lawns 3 30-07-2003 02:23 AM
You know what? Dogs pee there as well, that corner always stinks. Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 04:56 AM