Old 13-11-2009, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default To pee or not to pee?

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

Mike

Old 13-11-2009, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 13, 9:32*am, "Muddymike" wrote:
The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

Mike

Or if you want the version you can comment on;
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...mposting-urine
Old 13-11-2009, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In the States it is a crime to pull out your tally whacker in public or
in your own yard. It is considered an eye sore and what it produces is
now called dangerous bio-hazardous waste. I'll just stick to using
Miracle Grow.

Old 13-11-2009, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:32:27 -0000, "Muddymike"
wrote:

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

The very article has just been discussed by Jeremy Vine on Radio 2.
Why are people so prudish? I know that Adam Hart-Davis had a
straw-bale toilet in his Bristol garden and encouraged male visitors
to use it. Why are some people so prudish?
It's tough being a woman, but Google for Shewee.

Pam in Bristol

Old 13-11-2009, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

The very article has just been discussed by Jeremy Vine on Radio 2.
Why are people so prudish? I know that Adam Hart-Davis had a
straw-bale toilet in his Bristol garden and encouraged male visitors
to use it. Why are some people so prudish?
It's tough being a woman, but Google for Shewee.

Pam in Bristol

Dear husband & I pee in a bucket kept next to loo. Every day the contents
are then poured on the compost heap. No need to display bodily parts to all
& sundry or to leap up & down waving knickers in the air as some of the more
prudish seem to think putting pee on the compost heap involves.

A also have a Shewee... every lady cyclist should have one ;-)

As for the prudishness - the conveniences of modern life and being well-away
from and ignorant of the requirements of plant growth, too many have lost
the understanding of the benefits of urine.

Old 13-11-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:27:05 GMT, Janet Baraclough

wrote:

The message
from "Muddymike" contains these words:

The question is answered.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/8357134.stm

Don't worry is from the BBC so is quite safe to open.

The NTS must have been reading advice on urg

reading = copying from? )
--

I can't believe it's attracted all this comment, it's a non-question.

As we've all discovered, plant material composts. It sets off by itself,
with or without urine. I've had as small an amount as a wheelbarrow full of
weeds set off. Urinating on the compost stems from there being no toilets on
allotments. AFAIK it does no harm, but if you don't do it the stuff composts
anyway.

Steve

Old 13-11-2009, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

wafflycat wrote:
A also have a Shewee... every lady cyclist should have one ;-)

Umm. I'm sure I'm being very unimaginative here, but what difference
does cycling make to the requirement for one?
Old 13-11-2009, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
A also have a Shewee... every lady cyclist should have one ;-)

Umm. I'm sure I'm being very unimaginative here, but what difference
does cycling make to the requirement for one?

Much easier when out cycling the wilds of the country lanes and the only
place to 'go' is that large bed of nettles...

Old 13-11-2009, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

wafflycat wrote:
A also have a Shewee... every lady cyclist should have one ;-)

Umm. I'm sure I'm being very unimaginative here, but what difference
does cycling make to the requirement for one?

Much easier when out cycling the wilds of the country lanes and the only
place to 'go' is that large bed of nettles...

Oh right, so not specifically cycling as "wandering far from home"
aspect. That's ... kind of a relief. (As someone who uses a bike to
get from A to B rather than for the scenery, it didn't really click in
my brain). I prsume it would be equally useful to hikers, orienteers,
campers, etc.
Old 13-11-2009, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

vicky wrote ...
wafflycat wrote:
A also have a Shewee... every lady cyclist should have one ;-)

Umm. I'm sure I'm being very unimaginative here, but what difference
does cycling make to the requirement for one?

Much easier when out cycling the wilds of the country lanes and the only
place to 'go' is that large bed of nettles...

Oh right, so not specifically cycling as "wandering far from home"
aspect. That's ... kind of a relief. (As someone who uses a bike to
get from A to B rather than for the scenery, it didn't really click in
my brain). I prsume it would be equally useful to hikers, orienteers,
campers, etc.

And if you get caught for any time in serious stationary traffic on a
Motorway, no point in being prudish, happened to me on the M25 in Essex and
on a road near Bordeaux.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 13-11-2009, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

g'day mike,

could say what's new, we've been doing it for a decade or more, and
still do part of our nutrient cycle for our gardens.

so don't waste good drinkable water flushing good nutrient water down
the sewer.

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:32:27 -0000, "Muddymike"
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

vegies and pee James Edible Gardening 17 05-10-2006 07:29 PM
15' CecileBruner Tee-Pee Quest. [email protected] Roses 2 09-05-2005 06:39 PM
pee in the pile Mogie Gardening 52 03-10-2003 04:22 AM
Landscape cloth and doggie pee!! Will it smell? MHF Lawns 3 30-07-2003 02:23 AM
You know what? Dogs pee there as well, that corner always stinks. Hussein M. United Kingdom 0 27-04-2003 04:56 AM