Old 07-12-2009, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Revised use for the manure heap

I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

Mike
(The muddy one)

Old 07-12-2009, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-07 15:06:00 +0000, "Muddymike" said:

I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

Mike
(The muddy one)

It is interesting, thanks, Mike. But I thought people had been drying
and using e.g. cow pats as fuel for centuries? I've never tried it
myself !
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 07-12-2009, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
I came across this the other day, and found it interesting reading. Not
that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

Would make a change to you talking it.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote ...
"Muddymike" said:

I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

It is interesting, thanks, Mike. But I thought people had been drying and
using e.g. cow pats as fuel for centuries? I've never tried it myself !

Certainly in rural India you see stacks of cow pat patties all along the
roadside, they look like little huts, and you often see women making the
patties by hand. Seems different areas have their own design of stack, some
are quite ornamental.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 07-12-2009, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Muddymike writes
I came across this the other day, and found it interesting
reading. Not that I am about to start burning poo you understand.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html

I've used dried cowpats as a way of keeping the campfire gently burning
through the night, ready to be woken up for morning tea.
--
Kay