GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   David Attenborough, Life - Plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/188564-david-attenborough-life-plants.html)

Sacha[_4_] 07-12-2009 11:43 PM

David Attenborough, Life - Plants

We watched this tonight and were transfixed by it. I hope others have
seen it too, because it's wonderful. The amazing evolution Nature
provides where each plant, insect and animal is of use to the other was
beautifully shown. And we loved the last segment which showed how it
was done with the time lapse photography.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...6/Life_Plants/
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Bob Hobden 08-12-2009 08:30 AM

David Attenborough, Life - Plants

"Sacha" wrote...
We watched this tonight and were transfixed by it. I hope others have
seen it too, because it's wonderful. The amazing evolution Nature
provides where each plant, insect and animal is of use to the other was
beautifully shown. And we loved the last segment which showed how it was
done with the time lapse photography.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...6/Life_Plants/

I had intended to put a "heads up" on here but events overtook me. Excellent
photography , a good programme but why oh why the stupid sound effects.
Partly ruined it for me.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Sacha[_4_] 08-12-2009 10:54 AM

On 2009-12-08 08:30:52 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote...
We watched this tonight and were transfixed by it. I hope others have
seen it too, because it's wonderful. The amazing evolution Nature
provides where each plant, insect and animal is of use to the other was
beautifully shown. And we loved the last segment which showed how it
was done with the time lapse photography.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...6/Life_Plants/

I had intended to put a "heads up" on here but events overtook me.
Excellent photography , a good programme but why oh why the stupid
sound effects. Partly ruined it for me.

I have to agree with that, Bob. I just cannot believe some whizzkid
thought "we need music over this to compete with Attenborough's
narrative". I am actually going to write to moan about this and am
probably on a Grumpy of Devon list somewhere. But it was a truly
fabulous programme and nothing could have been needed less than a
musical soundtrack when DA was speaking.

Sacha[_4_] 08-12-2009 05:27 PM

Repeated tonight on BBC4 David Attenborough, Life - Plants

On 2009-12-08 08:30:52 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote...
We watched this tonight and were transfixed by it. I hope others have
seen it too, because it's wonderful. The amazing evolution Nature
provides where each plant, insect and animal is of use to the other was
beautifully shown. And we loved the last segment which showed how it
was done with the time lapse photography.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...6/Life_Plants/

It's repeated tonight on BBC4

20:00 Life 9/10. Plants: The nature series turns to plants and looks at the
ingenious solutions that they employ to counter life's challenges, such as
spring-loaded traps, suckers and claws. [AD,S]

I hope urglers get a chance to see it. It's awesome.

Sacha[_4_] 08-12-2009 11:38 PM

On 2009-12-08 08:30:52 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Sacha" wrote...
We watched this tonight and were transfixed by it. I hope others have
seen it too, because it's wonderful. The amazing evolution Nature
provides where each plant, insect and animal is of use to the other was
beautifully shown. And we loved the last segment which showed how it
was done with the time lapse photography.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...6/Life_Plants/

It's repeated tonight on BBC4

20:00 Life 9/10. Plants: The nature series turns to plants and looks at the
ingenious solutions that they employ to counter life's challenges, such as
spring-loaded traps, suckers and claws. [AD,S]

I hope urglers get a chance to see it. It's awesome.

No doubt it will be repeated two or three more times yet. :o)

I hope so - in school time would be wonderful.