Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2009, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A good day.

Its been a lovely sunny day here in North Yorkshire which
coincided with me using up one remaining day of annual holiday.
Home alone, well me and the dog, I decided to have a good tidy up
which then led to one of my favourite garden activities a great
big bonfire. I have accumulated masses of prunings etc. over the
last few months but just have not had the free time with the wind
in the right direction to burn it all. What better way of
spending a couple of hours on a cold day that tending a bonfire.

The yews next to the drive I heavily pruned (cut about 15 feet
off one) 3 years back are now nice and bushy and just right for
some festive lighting. So last job of the day, trail lights on 3
yews along the drive, run power cables to garage, and set up old
immersion timer to switch them on and off.

Can't wait for it to get dark so I can see the effect.

Mike
(Getting into Christmas mood)