GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   At what point... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/188871-what-point.html)

David WE Roberts 27-12-2009 11:45 AM

At what point...

....do you look at the lawn and say

"O.K. - it is winter, the ground is wet, the grass is wet, but enough is
enough. If it doesn't stop growing I'm going to have to cut it!"

Knee high to a kitten at the moment, and still growing.

Sacha[_4_] 27-12-2009 12:00 PM

At what point...

On 2009-12-27 11:45:40 +0000, "David WE Roberts" said:

...do you look at the lawn and say

"O.K. - it is winter, the ground is wet, the grass is wet, but enough
is enough. If it doesn't stop growing I'm going to have to cut it!"

Knee high to a kitten at the moment, and still growing.

Ours hasn't stopped and looks very untidy but it's been both frozen and
soaked, so I think we'll probably leave it alone for the present!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Phil Gurr 27-12-2009 01:03 PM

At what point...

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
...do you look at the lawn and say

"O.K. - it is winter, the ground is wet, the grass is wet, but enough is
enough. If it doesn't stop growing I'm going to have to cut it!"

Knee high to a kitten at the moment, and still growing.

Mine stopped growing at the beginning of October and is currently under 10"
of frozen snow at a temperature of -7C. Probably need its first cut by the
end of April!

Phil
Kyle of Sutherland, 40 miles north of Inverness

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ 27-12-2009 03:20 PM

At what point...

On 2009-12-27 11:45:40 +0000, "David WE Roberts" said:

...do you look at the lawn and say

"O.K. - it is winter, the ground is wet, the grass is wet, but enough
is enough. If it doesn't stop growing I'm going to have to cut it!"

Knee high to a kitten at the moment, and still growing.

Ours hasn't stopped and looks very untidy but it's been both frozen and
soaked, so I think we'll probably leave it alone for the present!

I have in the past, several times, when the ground was totally frosted
up and solid, cut the grass successfully.

It does stop the mower digging into soft wet ground and making a
churny mess,

Didn't seem to harm the grass either

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹

Bigal 29-12-2009 03:20 PM

SO. WHO SAYS WE HAVENT GOT GLOBAL WARMING?????
Better not start that again.
Bigal
but Mike is good at winding people up.