GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snow :-) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/188951-snow.html)

K 02-01-2010 05:31 PM

Snow :-)

This afternoon when we walked around the garden, there were green tracks
across the lawn, and just patches of snow and ice here and there. Now we
have a complete cover of snow again :-)
--
Kay (outskirts of Leeds)

Muddymike 03-01-2010 01:14 PM

Snow :-)

"K" wrote in message
This afternoon when we walked around the garden, there were
green tracks across the lawn, and just patches of snow and ice
here and there. Now we have a complete cover of snow again :-)
--
Kay (outskirts of Leeds)

Here in Leyburn the lawn has not been seen since the week before
Christmas. A particularly heavy snow fall yesterday between 3 and
4 pm has covered the trees again and caused chaos in town.

See http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10672
for the view from my window.

Mike

K 03-01-2010 03:31 PM

Snow :-)

Muddymike writes

"K" wrote in message
This afternoon when we walked around the garden, there were
green tracks across the lawn, and just patches of snow and ice
here and there. Now we have a complete cover of snow again :-)
--
Kay (outskirts of Leeds)

Here in Leyburn the lawn has not been seen since the week before
Christmas. A particularly heavy snow fall yesterday between 3 and
4 pm has covered the trees again and caused chaos in town.

See http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...uddymike.10672
for the view from my window.

That could have been us before Christmas ;-)

Our snow started on, I think, 16th December, rapidly got up to 6 inches
thick, then started melting very slowly on Christmas Eve. We're now back
to complete cover, but only about half an inch thick except where
there's still ice underneath. Still good enough for the sledges to be
out in force on the park opposite

Lots of cat footprints on the pond.
--
Kay

lloyd 03-01-2010 03:53 PM

Snow :-)

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:31:43 +0000, K wrote:

Muddymike writes

"K" wrote in message
[...]

We had it thick for a week or so then it cleared completely. Last
night we had a thin dusting of snow which this morning had turned in
to a really strange frost that crackled really loud as you walked on
it, and I mean really loud.

Lots of cat footprints on the pond.

I thought cats were clever :)

K 03-01-2010 04:35 PM

Snow :-)

lloyd writes
On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 15:31:43 +0000, K wrote:

Lots of cat footprints on the pond.

I thought cats were clever :)

Well, I suppose they are in some sense. They've been walking on the pond
for 3 weeks to drink from the small unfrozen area where the water is
moving (pond water is so much more interesting than tap water) and not
one of them has yet fallen in.
--
Kay

Kate Morgan 03-01-2010 05:45 PM

Snow :-)

3 members of my family have just driven from Gloucestershire to Edinburgh in
about 6/7 hours with no trouble at all on the road, the only serious ice
that they encountered was in the road outside their house :-)

kate