GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Extreme temperatures (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/189029-extreme-temperatures.html)

michael 07-01-2010 04:53 PM

Extreme temperatures

We have had a snowfall here a couple of days ago of about 8",and
followed by some extreme temperatures day and night.Last night,it was
-17.6C here (We live three miles from BAe Woodford where the
measurement was taken),and during the day today the maximum
temperature was -7C.
Quite extraordinary.However,the recent snow cover which shows no sign
of going,may well protect some of the garden plants from being killed.
Michael,
Cheadle Hulme (8 miles S of Manchester)