Old 28-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Rodeo Clown

Default BOYCOTT SCOTLAND SAY HOG ACTIVISTS Apr 26 2003 --- vote Steve Rudd PM

OK, that's this summer's holiday planned then, Scotland it is !!

8^)

Old 28-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Stuart Forbes

Boycott Scotland? A couple of hundred years ago we would have considered
such nonsense to be an act of war and piled south to do a bit of killing,
raping, pillaging and some more raping.

Sadly, times have changed.

Anyway. its more fun to boycott the French.

Regards,

Stuart Forbes
Edinburgh, Scotland

Old 28-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Stuart Forbes

Really? I thought it was mostly the other way around ;-))
troll mode off
runs away very fast

That's the Highland spirit!!!!

Do your worst when their back's turned, then run like crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Stuart Forbes
Edinburgh, Scotland

Old 28-04-2003, 11:32 PM
BAC

"bluetail" wrote in message

"Stuart Forbes" wrote in message
Boycott Scotland? A couple of hundred years ago we would have considered
such nonsense to be an act of war and piled south to do a bit of

killing,
raping, pillaging and some more raping.

Really? I thought it was mostly the other way around ;-))
troll mode off
runs away very fast

The last major incursion, I think, occurred from Scotland into England in
1745/6, when a Jacobite army under Bonnie Prince Charlie marched as far
south as Derby.

Sadly, times have changed.

Yes, following above incursion, there was the battle of Cullodden.

Old 29-04-2003, 08:08 AM
Adrian Tupper

"BAC" wrote in message

"bluetail" wrote in message

"Stuart Forbes" wrote in

message
Boycott Scotland? A couple of hundred years ago we would have

considered
such nonsense to be an act of war and piled south to do a bit of

killing,
raping, pillaging and some more raping.

Really? I thought it was mostly the other way around ;-))
troll mode off
runs away very fast

The last major incursion, I think, occurred from Scotland into England in
1745/6, when a Jacobite army under Bonnie Prince Charlie marched as far
south as Derby.

You forget Wembley in ?1977?

Sadly, times have changed.

Yes, following above incursion, there was the battle of Cullodden.

Where more Jacobites died than 'ejogs on Harris.

--
Adrian

Old 29-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Rob Naylor

" Yes, following above incursion, there was the battle of Cullodden.

Where more Jacobites died than 'ejogs on Harris.

Not actually true. Around 1200 members of the Jacobite army died at
Culloden, by no means all of them highlanders.
Compared to the planned cull of 5000 hedgehogs.
Interestingly (or not?) Cumberland's army actually contained more Scots than
did the Jacobite force (comprising highlanders, plus French and Irish
supporters).

Rob ;-)

Old 30-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Malcolm

In article , Adrian Tupper
writes
"Malcolm" wrote in message
In article , Adrian Tupper
writes
"Rob Naylor" wrote in message

Around 1200 members of the Jacobite army died at
Culloden, by no means all of them highlanders.
Compared to the planned cull of 5000 hedgehogs.
Interestingly (or not?) Cumberland's army actually contained more Scots
than
did the Jacobite force (comprising highlanders, plus French and Irish
supporters).

Scotland was divided between those two (1745) causes. I don't think the
current battlefield
on Harris arrouses the same passions today.

Especially as the original premise was completely wrong because there
are no hedgehogs on Harris!

Perhaps a few have paddled across at low tide?

It would have to be an awfully low tide to expose the whole width of the
Sound of Harris!

They are on the Uists and Benbecula.

My mistake. But I don't think this thread was meant to be a geography
lesson.

Well, think of it as learning something new every day :-)

--
Malcolm
Old 30-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Stuart Forbes

Especially as the original premise was completely wrong because there
are no hedgehogs on Harris! They are on the Uists and Benbecula.

I had to swerve to avoid hitting one of the murderous little killing
machines (ie hedgehogs) on a road on Harris a couple of years ago. They're
there alright.

Regards,

Stuart Forbes
Edinburgh, Scotland

Old 01-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Paul Rooney

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 23:51:35 +0100, "Stuart Forbes"
wrote:

Especially as the original premise was completely wrong because there
are no hedgehogs on Harris! They are on the Uists and Benbecula.

I had to swerve to avoid hitting one of the murderous little killing
machines (ie hedgehogs) on a road on Harris a couple of years ago. They're
there alright.

Regards,

Stuart Forbes
Edinburgh, Scotland

See
http://www.bigcats.org/esa/hedgehog4.html
according to which hedgies have 'boomed' on Harris.

--
Paul

http://paulrooney.netfirms.com/myweb/index.htm
Updated 19 April 03
Old 01-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Adrian Tupper

"Malcolm" wrote in message

Especially as the original premise was completely wrong because there
are no hedgehogs on Harris!

Perhaps a few have paddled across at low tide?

It would have to be an awfully low tide to expose the whole width of the
Sound of Harris!

You really should get a more vivid imagination, Malcolm!

--
Adrian

Old 01-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Anne Burgess

there are no hedgehogs on Harris!
Perhaps a few have paddled across at low tide?

It would have to be an awfully low tide to expose the whole width of the
Sound of Harris!

You really should get a more vivid imagination, Malcolm!
Adrian

Let me know when you plan to paddle across the Sound of Harris, Adrian. I
have always wanted to see someone walk on water G

(My old O S map shows the depth of most of the Sound to be between 5 and 10
fathoms, which would be enough to submerge you several times over if you
can't)

Anne

Old 01-05-2003, 12:56 PM
Malc