Old 30-01-2010, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Now a drought ......

..... having suffered flooding outside my garage for years and fighting the
council for fours years to do something about it, we are just coming to the
end of a fantastic scheme to re-align the road and put drains in.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

Final top coat of Tarmac on Monday, then stand by for a drought, so don't
waste any more water.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Very dry from now on :-)))

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 31-01-2010, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... having suffered flooding outside my garage for years and fighting the
council for fours years to do something about it, we are just coming to
the end of a fantastic scheme to re-align the road and put drains in.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

Final top coat of Tarmac on Monday, then stand by for a drought, so don't
waste any more water.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Very dry from now on :-)))

--
Mike

What are you going to grow on the tarmac? Roadodendrons? :-)

--

Jeff

Old 31-01-2010, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... having suffered flooding outside my garage for years and fighting
the council for fours years to do something about it, we are just
coming to the end of a fantastic scheme to re-align the road and put
drains in.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

Final top coat of Tarmac on Monday, then stand by for a drought, so
don't waste any more water.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Very dry from now on :-)))

--
Mike

What are you going to grow on the tarmac? Roadodendrons? :-)

Macadamia nuts.

--
Rusty

Old 01-02-2010, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... having suffered flooding outside my garage for years and fighting
the council for fours years to do something about it, we are just
coming to the end of a fantastic scheme to re-align the road and put
drains in.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

Final top coat of Tarmac on Monday, then stand by for a drought, so
don't waste any more water.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Very dry from now on :-)))

--
Mike

What are you going to grow on the tarmac? Roadodendrons? :-)

Macadamia nuts.

--
Rusty

Drainiums?

We were thinking of Yellow Linums. ;-))

Old 01-02-2010, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... having suffered flooding outside my garage for years and fighting
the council for fours years to do something about it, we are just
coming to the end of a fantastic scheme to re-align the road and put
drains in.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

Final top coat of Tarmac on Monday, then stand by for a drought, so
don't waste any more water.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Very dry from now on :-)))

--
Mike

What are you going to grow on the tarmac? Roadodendrons? :-)

Macadamia nuts.

Drainiums?

We were thinking of Yellow Linums. ;-))

Don't forget the flags and the kerb cubits

--
(¯`·. ®óñ© © ²°¹° .·´¯)
Old 01-02-2010, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"®óñ© © ²°¹°" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:43:50 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

.. .

Jeff Layman wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... having suffered flooding outside my garage for years and
fighting
the council for fours years to do something about it, we are just
coming to the end of a fantastic scheme to re-align the road and put
drains in.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

Final top coat of Tarmac on Monday, then stand by for a drought, so
don't waste any more water.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Very dry from now on :-)))

--
Mike

What are you going to grow on the tarmac? Roadodendrons? :-)

Macadamia nuts.

Drainiums?

We were thinking of Yellow Linums. ;-))

Don't forget the flags and the kerb cubits

You will observe from picture 1 .....

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

that there is no pavement so therefore 'flags' don't come into the equation
:-((

Many thanks for your suggestion ;-)

The job has now been finished to my utter satisfaction and more pictures
will be posted in due course :-))

Old 02-02-2010, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... having suffered flooding outside my garage for years and
fighting the council for fours years to do something about it, we
are just coming to the end of a fantastic scheme to re-align the
road and put drains in.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

Final top coat of Tarmac on Monday, then stand by for a drought, so
don't waste any more water.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Very dry from now on :-)))

--
Mike

What are you going to grow on the tarmac? Roadodendrons? :-)

Macadamia nuts.

--
Rusty

Drainiums?

Gullyflowers?

--
Rusty

Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Now complete :-))

Been tested and all the rain went down the drainage system :-))

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=8ZIGT3L3

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Now for a drought 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 1 04-08-2009 06:47 AM
dog-gone another drought, only this is a Spring time drought [email protected] Plant Science 5 06-06-2006 06:27 PM
Drought and Roses B. Midler Roses 11 15-02-2003 08:15 AM
Drought & more len brauer Permaculture 7 28-01-2003 04:26 PM
Drought Fran Higham Permaculture 2 16-01-2003 11:20 PM