Old 28-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Ophelia

Default Rosa Rugosa

I just bought some rosa rugosa at the weekend for a hedge. When can I take
cuttings please?

Old 28-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Ophelia

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
'Ophelia',

This very good site explains it all. Hope it helps.

http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/rosa.html

Oh thank you Emrys.. that is wonderful)))))))

Old 28-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Ophelia

" Emrys Davies" wrote in message
'Ophelia',

This very good site explains it all. Hope it helps.

http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/rosa.html

Oh thank you Emrys.. that is wonderful)))))))

Would you have anything similar about Pyracantha?

many thanks

Old 29-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Emrys Davies

'Ophelia',

Re- propagating pyracantha:

Take 3"-4" cuttings of the current year's shoots in July or August and
insert them in equal parts (by volume) of peat and perlite in a
propagating frame at a temperature of 61º F. When the cuttings have
rooted pot them singly into 3" pots and overwinter in a cold frame.

Or take 4"-6" hardwood cuttings in October and put them in a cold
frame. Pot both types of cuttings the following April or May in 4"
pots.

I wish you luck,

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 29-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Ophelia

" " Emrys Davies" wrote in message
'Ophelia',

This very good site explains it all. Hope it helps.

http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/rosa.html

Oh thank you Emrys.. that is wonderful)))))))

Would you have anything similar about Pyracantha?

many thanks

Emrys does that site have a similar one on Pyracantha. I have tried
entering it in a similar way but it is not coming up. Aud's site was good
but it doesn't give anything on propagation

Spacing for Rosa rugosa hedge? George V. Roberts Jr. Roses 5 26-10-2004 12:24 PM
Spacing for Rosa rugosa hedge? George V. Roberts Jr. Roses 0 22-10-2004 05:50 PM
Rosa Rugosa Fall Planting Massachusetts? George V. Roberts Jr. Roses 2 17-09-2004 07:48 PM
Rosa rugosa Bella United Kingdom 63 10-06-2004 05:46 PM
rosa rugosa Nelson Kirsch Gardening 4 25-06-2003 09:32 AM