Old 17-02-2010, 02:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment agreement with Council - sign or not sign

Hi,

Council has sent me an agreement for signing against the allotment. Should
I sign it or not? I am under Reading Council.

Is there a way they can throw you out?

and sell the land to developers.

--
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy

Produced over 1700 Youtube Videos on Interfaith + Documentary:-
http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=nijjhar1
Videos by a Cuban worth watching how Messianic Jews killed Christianity:-
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-CBLaxTJ9fE
St. Photina, an article by a Russian Bishop:-
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rajinde...ar/photina.htm
Hajj is for boys 12 to 16 years old to make them faithful to their tribal
fathers, Ilah:-
http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?...A1 AC2FB499CE
TRIBAL SONS OF MAN WOULD BE SAVED AND NOT JEWS, MUSLIMS, SIKHS, HINDUS, ETC.
Atomic War could be on 21 December, 2012 when Mayan Calendar touches ZERO.

IN REVELATIONS, ALL THOSE 144000 THAT WOULD BE SAVED ARE

Old 17-02-2010, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rajinder Nijjhar" wrote
Council has sent me an agreement for signing against the allotment.
Should I sign it or not? I am under Reading Council.

Is there a way they can throw you out?

and sell the land to developers.

You have to sign the agreement to get the plot.
Regarding if they can move you off, this depends mainly if the site is
protected by being Statutory Allotment Land, if it is then there are
protections governed by the Environment Agency. However it is possible that
the Council could get EA agreement to close the site, happened at our last
site, but in this day and age when there is a shortage of plots in the
country I doubt it, especially if the plot holders are vocal in their
objections. I also can't see Developers being looked on kindly for such an
open space, more likely the Council might try turning it into a Town Park as
ours was (Benefits the whole community) although one wonders if that is a
first step on a long road to housing.

If it isn't SAL then you are totally at the mercy of the Council.

ps. a four line sig is the accepted max on usenet. You may get flamed, or
worse, ignored!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 17-02-2010, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

part sic

The charter of this group states that a four line sig. containing
*relevant* advertising is acceptable, a long sig. isn't.

Sacha

It might not be in the charter but it is also netiquette to snip as much of
the stuff above
as possible in your reply (:-)

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 17-02-2010, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message

part sic

The charter of this group states that a four line sig. containing
*relevant* advertising is acceptable, a long sig. isn't.

Sacha

It might not be in the charter but it is also netiquette to snip as much
of the stuff above
as possible in your reply (:-)

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Funny you should say that. Said it myself time and time again.

"Stony Ground" comes to mind

Kindest regards

--
Mike

Old 17-02-2010, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Not if leaving in the foregoing material demonstrates the relevance of the
answer. Snipping was particularly important in the days when most people
had a dial-up connection and one of our resident bores - who never posts
on topic and whose sig. isn't relevant - drones on and on about it. In
fact, most urglers are pretty good at snipping, unless they think the
original posts need leaving in to illustrate the point. Or unless we get
into a punfest! When new people post, it seems to me that both for them
and longterm posters, it's more clear if the original post is left in, at
least for two or three answers. JMO.
--
Sacha

There are many who will not agree with you.

Me being one of them

Kindest possible regards

Mike

--
Base for a Botanic visit to the Isle of Wight?
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 17-02-2010, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Not if leaving in the foregoing material demonstrates the relevance of
the answer. Snipping was particularly important in the days when most
people had a dial-up connection and one of our resident bores - who never
posts on topic and whose sig. isn't relevant - drones on and on about it.
In fact, most urglers are pretty good at snipping, unless they think the
original posts need leaving in to illustrate the point. Or unless we get
into a punfest! When new people post, it seems to me that both for them
and longterm posters, it's more clear if the original post is left in, at
least for two or three answers. JMO.
--
Sacha

There are many who will not agree with you.

Me being one of them

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Me too! You left in a lot of stuff that was not relevant to point you
appeared to be trying to make.
The signature in question !

Somewhat long agreed.
Just a gentle mention was the need !

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 20-03-2010, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Well it seems to be that I have no choice than
to sign the agreement.

Rajinder

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Rajinder Nijjhar" wrote
[...]

US Bully: Sign war crime immunity agreement, or lose veterinary program aid Torsten Brinch sci.agriculture 23 13-07-2003 11:32 AM
Local Council subsidised compost bin, any good? dommy United Kingdom 25 07-07-2003 02:47 AM
Council Composters?? MG United Kingdom 5 29-04-2003 07:56 PM
Announcement: American Botanical Council 2003 Medicinal Herb Fest Suzanne Morgan Texas 0 19-04-2003 11:32 PM
Removing Council Owned Trees? Top Cat United Kingdom 44 30-09-2002 02:20 AM