GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Council Composters?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/18964-council-composters.html)

MG 28-04-2003 08:20 PM

Council Composters??

Anyone got a good deal on a composter from their council?? GWorld
mentioned this last Friday...

Mark

Judy Rigby 28-04-2003 08:32 PM

Council Composters??

MG writes
Anyone got a good deal on a composter from their council?? GWorld
mentioned this last Friday...

I got a 330 litre bin worth 30 quid free from Enfield. (Each household's
entitled to one.) Next door neighbour didn't have space for his, so I've
got that one too ...
--
Judy
http://members.lycos.co.uk/bluelotusrising/index.html

Paul D.Smith 29-04-2003 09:20 AM

Council Composters??

Similar story with mine - lots in but where does it go? I suspect that the
3 or 4 feet below the compost heap is the most fertile in the garden.
Clearly my worms are too darn efficient ;-).

To be honest though, kitchen waste and grass has a high moisture content so
there's probably not a lot of "real" stuff there I imagine. We've seen lots
of tips about adding old newspaper, loo-roll tubes etc. to add some bulk and
balance the "wet" nature so we're trying that.

Paul DS.

John Pearce 29-04-2003 12:32 PM

Council Composters??

Try living in Wandsworth. Not a snowball in hell's chance of getting
anything on discount from them.

John

Pam Moore 29-04-2003 07:56 PM

Council Composters??

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:18:13 +0100, Judy Rigby
wrote:

Anyone got a good deal on a composter from their council?? GWorld
mentioned this last Friday...

B&NES did free ones for pensioners last year. I got one!

Pam in Bristol
pamdotmooreatvirgindotnet